Hi, from Janesville, WI.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadeck

Reaction score
I have been smoking a pipe for about a year and a half, this time. I had mentioned tone my sons that I was thinking about taking up pipes again, because cigarettes were getting too expensive for my retirement income. Both of my sons gave me a Meerschaum pipe a selection of tobaccos and a handmade, personalized box to store everything. I smoked pipes back in the 70's when I was in the Navy. I served on submarines and 3 months of pipe tobacco was a lot easier to stow than 3 months of cigarettes. I am still re-learning. I have a couple of more pipes and trying out different tobaccos. I look forward to learning more with BoB.

Welcome! I'm new to BoB and piping in general, and have already learned a great deal from this crowd. I too found cigarettes to be too expensive, to say nothing of the health concerns I've had. I quit cigarettes at the turn of the year and have enjoyed smoking pipes.

Janesville WI, eh? I've got some family near there in Darien, and Lake Geneva.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome! I'm the same, picked up a pipe in college many years ago, then stopped. Picked up cigars 15 years ago and am back to pipes about 2 years ago. I've learned a lot since I've joined BoB. You'll enjoy it here.