Hi from Ketchikan, AK

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay

Reaction score
Been lurking to long, but long enough to know I would be happy to join this fine group of people here at BoB. Thanks !

Welcome! What a great state you live in! Tell us about the pipe scene there.

In '03 I was in Anchorage and visited Pete's Tobacco Shop. I should have bought a pipe to commemorate my trip but I didn't. What's the scene in Ketchikan?

Lou

skaukatt":se94owe0 said:
Welcome! What a great state you live in! Tell us about the pipe scene there.

In '03 I was in Anchorage and visited Pete's Tobacco Shop. I should have bought a pipe to commemorate my trip but I didn't. What's the scene in Ketchikan?

Lou
Good morning, no B&M here, I have had a pipe for 20+ yrs, and smoked it just a few times a year. A good friend at work got into pipe smoking a couple of yrs ago and started to work on me about checking out the pipe community. 6 months ago he gave me a nice unsmoked Ben Wade sitter and a jar of tobacco, and that was all it took to infect me with PAD & TAD, I felt relieved about a month ago that my infection had a name! Pretty much CB, and cobs before that. Ketchikan being on an island has me ordering through the internet, they make it to easy! I"ll have one of the kids show me how to do pictures soon, I am not very bright with the computer. Thanks to all for the welcome

Welcome to BoB Clay, easily the best Pipers forum on the net mate, you'll love it here, if you don't, we'll tickle your feet until you submit to our insanity. :twisted:

Howdy Clay! How's the weather in Alaska? I was stationed in Anchorage for 4 years. Do ya'll have a lot of snow on the ground yet?

Phantom309":su2a58kd said:
Howdy Clay! How's the weather in Alaska? I was stationed in Anchorage for 4 years. Do ya'll have a lot of snow on the ground yet?
Snowing right now, won't last though. We are famous for rain! avg.160" per year :roll: Scares people away :pale: My little sister lives in Anc, she gets snow! Welcome here, I have a blast every time I come here.

Thank you, So far I'm loving what I'm reading and seeing. I miss Alaska sometimes, it's truly the last frontier. I remember hearing that Ketchikan a lot of rain. I also heard that last winter wasn't very cold at all. Is that the case this year?

Phantom309":u6sjge0h said:
Thank you, So far I'm loving what I'm reading and seeing. I miss Alaska sometimes, it's truly the last frontier. I remember hearing that Ketchikan a lot of rain. I also heard that last winter wasn't very cold at all. Is that the case this year?
It's been pretty mild so far this year also, be nice to visit Flordia as I have never been that far south.

Hi Clay! Sorry for the late welcome, been way too much going on lately. Anyways, welcome to BoB!