Hi from South Africa

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been lurking around for a few days now and finally decided to join.
My name's Mike, and I'm from South Africa.
I recently started smoking a pipe. Will be a year in December. Have about 5 or 6 pipes ranging from a Savinelli to a real cheapie that I found at an antiques shop.

My Dad first gave me his dad's old pipes, which are about +40 years old. I'll post a few pics of them sometime. I'm not actually sure what make they are, but they both have "Genuine Block meerschaum" on them... I don't smoke them because they are more of an heirloom...

Currently smoking a Borkum Riff cherry flake, and really enjoying it. Found it to be a really nice smoke and not too strong...

We only have one tobacconist in town, so trying to find different pipes or tobacco can be a bit of a problem. But there is always ebay for pipes :)

Chat soon

Mike

Hello Mike, very nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing your Da's pipes, they sound most interesting indeed, welcome to BoB.  :cheers: :sunny: 

Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. I echo the sentiments of the others in that we would love to see what pipes you have in your collection, especially your dad's.