Hi from The Great White North

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiro

Reaction score
New to the forum but not pipe smoking. I've been doing this for 60 years+ and only now am I learning about all the great tobaccos out there. I guess my Amphora brown will be taking a rest for a while. Thanks to everyone for the great information. Also thanks for the warm welcomes.

New to the forum but not pipe smoking. I've been doing this for 60 years+ and only now am I learning about all the great tobaccos out there. I guess my Amphora brown will be taking a rest for a while. Thanks to everyone for the great information. Also thanks for the warm welcomes.
Welcome to the best briar & baccy site on the ‘net

Doi itasimashite, Jim. I dated a Japanese lady in Cali for several years. She was actually American being born in the States but both parents were full blooded. They took her back to Japan when she was 3 and she went through HS in Japan, thus spoke fluent Japanese. Came back to the US at 19 and turned into a total Valley girl, lol. Her Dad was some kind of high ranking govt official. She said he could park his car anywhere in Tokyo and never get a ticket. When I met her she wore blue jeans, drove a Porsche, and rode a Harley. She taught me a few words in Japanese, like konichiwa and arigato, so I could attend functions with her at her Japanese owned company Sanyo. I always thought it amusing at their Xmas parties when the wives would come up to me and bow. Even some of the men. Maybe because at 6'2" I towered over most of them, lol. Anyway, I learned to love their culture and always wanted to visit but life kept getting in the way.

Thanks so much for the interesting story. Mine is not nearly as good but here goes. My father was an international lawyer who helped in Japan after the war. Canada and Japan maintained some interesting relationships even during the war eg. ties in the scientific community. Sorry off topic. I was born in Canada and went to Japan shortly after. I lived and worked in Japan and returned to Canada just after my parents. Worked for Toyota when they first came to Canada and no one spoke English. I go back and forth often but my family is now in Canada and I have a farm north of Toronto. We all try to speak Japanese my sons of course do, as they went to school in Japan. However, the grandkids....not so much.😅
Cheers, ジムより