Hi There from MD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cramptholomew

Reaction score
Hi all, new here. Haven't been seriously into pipes for very long. I've dabbled a bit over the years, but I finally decided to jump in. I'm enjoying this new hobby/ritual/activity immensely. I never realized what a rabbit hole pipe smoking could be, and I'm a glutton for a good rabbit hole. It's nice to find an active community to share with and learn from. Glad to be here, and happy puffing!

A hearty welcome from across the Pond, Mr Cramp, Sir.

I hope you find where that hole is heading... but then it's the journey that makes this noble art so interesting.

:)

Welcome aboard! What are your current favorite pipes and tobaccos? :lol:

Davy Jones":f70g793x said:
I'm still an infant, but I have a few favorites for now.

Favorite Pipes: old undated Wilmer estate that I've had for years. Stanwell freeform (don't know model), Peterson 303 bent Apple, MM bent Legend (also want one of the bent cobs MM made with C&D).

fave Tobacco's (for now): PS Bullseye, C&D Bayou Morning, C&D Gentleman Caller, C&D Belmont Station, GL Pease Quiet Nights, Escudo, C&D Autumn Evening, GH Bosun Plug. I have more, but those are what I have come back to the most. Sutliff Aromatic English isn't too bad either.

cramptholomew":fob8s6gw said:
Davy Jones":fob8s6gw said:
I'm still an infant, but I have a few favorites for now.

Favorite Pipes: old undated Wilmer estate that I've had for years. Stanwell freeform (don't know model), Peterson 303 bent Apple, MM bent Legend (also want one of the bent cobs MM made with C&D).

fave Tobacco's (for now): PS Bullseye, C&D Bayou Morning, C&D Gentleman Caller, C&D Belmont Station, GL Pease Quiet Nights, Escudo, C&D Autumn Evening, GH Bosun Plug. I have more, but those are what I have come back to the most. Sutliff Aromatic English isn't too bad either.
Looks like you're getting along fine, and clearly beyond an infant stage crampy. Those are some fine pipe weeds there, and the choice of pipes is no slouch either. Enjoy the ride, as it's not the destination but the journey!

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I think there's a reason why I ended up on pipes. It seems that pipe smokers take their time to consider everything, and anything. In our fast paced world, that sensibility has diminished, and I felt the need to take time to enjoy the simple things. Pipe smoking is a manageable hobby, which can be appreciated at leisure, whenever the desire strikes. It's a time to put away the stress of the day, and meditate - with some cool and tasty stuff, no less!

cramptholomew":l3lc6inp said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I think there's a reason why I ended up on pipes. It seems that pipe smokers take their time to consider everything, and anything. In our fast paced world, that sensibility has diminished, and I felt the need to take time to enjoy the simple things. Pipe smoking is a manageable hobby, which can be appreciated at leisure, whenever the desire strikes. It's a time to put away the stress of the day, and meditate - with some cool and tasty stuff, no less!
Welcome and well stated. I think the same has drawn me to pipes.