Hi there :)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, those are some nice looking meers you have there, Im also a fan of them. :cheers:

Thanks P.L

Yeah i love meerschaum, currently have 7 of them, trying to keep my collection of meers down as low as i can because i want to be able to colour each of them up good enough over my lifetime, but they are very tempting things to look at. haha

Top of the morning to you, good sir! I note a touch of fine ink in yourt profile photo. Perhaps we need a thread for tattooed pipe enthusiasts? Regardless, your tastes and talents are interesting. Welcome to the Brothers of Briar!

hi there Sean! :) Thank you, and welcome to you too. :)

And all the best for you out there, i have a couple of best friends that have recently done a tour in afgan. I wish you all nothing but the best luck. Yes indeed i have quite a bit of ink now, i in fact tattoo myself these days too, And that sounds like a great idea. :D would you like to start the thread? or shall i? :) and thank you for your kind words :)

Also welcome to the wonderful world of pipe smoking, i hope you will enjoy it, and everyone on here is always very helpful. :)

Daniel, thank you for the support! I have met some fine Brits while over here. I wish I were working closer with them, it would be a great opportunity to make friends. And that would be just the excuse I need to pack up my girls and take a family vacation in England (which we are planning for in a few years anyways...).

My good sir, if you would be so kind as to start the thread! I have been having trouble getting my computer to up load photographs. I have created my account and verified my password. But when I try to upload I get stuck in a loop. I expect it is my laptop's dying days, so perhaps I will have my friends Kaiser83 upload a few photos for me?

Cheers!

Ah cool :) Yes there are still a few of us good 'uns left :p Haha I personally wish i was from the US though really, :( I worked out there in 07 & 08, I was a rigger on a pipe laying vessel working in the Gulf of Mexico, and we were docked in Mobile Alabama for most of my time there, Man was it hot out there, even in september in the middle of the night it was probably hotter than our summers over here, and working in that when your not used to it can be tough, I have also worked out of New Orleans and have been through a few other states on my travels, I really think i was born in the wrong country!! haha, Ahh well, perhaps one day i will have the means to move out there somewhere. thats the dream :) But i can see why people would visit us here, there are some pretty nice spots. & i hope you and your girls have a great time when you do get here.

And sure man, i will start up the thread :) How do you wanna do it? am i to take pics of all/most my tatts i can and put them all up and see who else posts? It may be a day or two before i can start it though, i need to sort my old camera out, but i'll let you know when i do :) And yeah, if he will do that, sounds good :) like i say i'll keep you posted as to when ive made the thread 8)

Daniel, my family and I plan to move to northern Alabama in a few years. You are most welcome to come for a visit! Do you ride motorcycles? I should have two in the garage by then, if not three or four (my daughter, now 16, will be my favorite riding partner in a fews years). There are some fabulous motorcycle roads in the area that I look forward to exploring. And cruising the beach is just, well, fucking cool!

Cheers!

Sean,

That sounds like an amazing idea, and incredibly gracious and generous of you :) I would absolutely love to, unfortunatley I currently also dont have the means for such things, however, :( but i am working on it, i have gone back to college to re-train myself again, doing computer game development) (I have a slipped disk and a shortened spinal chord, which has left me needing to take strong meds everyday to be able to carry on, Which as you can imagine severly limits my job options, cant do any kind of physical work anymore) :( but anyway i have a year left at college so hopefully all being well after that i will be able to do more things like that :)

And yes indeed i still do consider myself a biker :) been riding and driving just about anything i ever could since i was around 8, and i was on the road for about 4 years on motorcycles before i moved on to cars (needed the room for my drum kit) I never actually got round to doing my full bike test however, which would severly limit my bike options :( but this is another thing i intend to get done after this next year.

So in answer, I would love to, but i guess i'll have to leave it as a 'I graciously accept, circumstances allowing' :)

Thanks my friend