High Nicotine Content

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefes

Reaction score
I'm looking to add some tins that have a notable nicotine kick. Any suggestions out there for some mixtures with good flavor and a potent boost of vitamin N?

thefes":kti78lov said:
I'm looking to add some tins that have a notable nicotine kick. Any suggestions out there for some mixtures with good flavor and a potent boost of vitamin N?
Yep. C&D Old Joe Krantz

Hard to beat OJK for a fine natural smoke with jolt. Other than the obvious Gawith flakes, ropes, and mixtures known for turning some green. GL Pease Robusto can pack a bit of a kick. C&D Kelly's Coin is a good plain burley blend, similar in vein to 5 Brothers. Some find GL Pease, Haddos Delight quite strong. A fairly new blend, Peterson's Irish Flake has a nice kick.

Esoterics Stonehaven-

Petersons irish flake

Petersons university flake

5 brothers

dunhill 965

Thanks for the suggestions. There are some names here that I've tried and some that I haven't. It may be time for me to venture a bit more into ropes and flakes as mostly I've been into ready rubbed. Cool thing about pipes - endless variations and choices to enjoy.

Rope! Have a chair nearby :lol: You'll need a razor blade to cut slices, a small bowled pipe to smolder the stuff in and a comfortable place to lie down.

In addition to those already mentioned, I would add GLP's Cumberland.

Though I'm headed in the other direction, low nicotine but flavorful tobaccos, I've found the strength ratings on the Synjeco website to be helpful. They've rated the more common tobaccos on a strength scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the strongest. They're website address is: Synjeco Tobacco Index

Jim

I'll second Samuel Gawith Flake, specifically 1792. You had better be wearing a helmet when the velvet hammer strikes....

Ol'Dawg":h58dmul3 said:
In addition to those already mentioned, I would add GLP's Cumberland.

Though I'm headed in the other direction, low nicotine but flavorful tobaccos

Jim
I'm with ya on the Cumberland, Jim, but have yet to find those strong, flavorful, robust smokes that don't have any nic. Seems to me they go together.

IMHO of course

Hud.

I'll put in another recommendation for Peterson Irish Flake. That stuff is killer in the nic dept (not to mention flavor)!

I also found Dunhill Three Year Matured VA to be very, very strong. In fact, I hated the stuff all around and was pleased to see that they don't make it anymore. BLEH!!! And I am not particularly wimpy about vitamin N, but this stuff was just bad all around. YMMV

-Andrew