Hiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Briarbabe,
Apologies, at the time of my first 'welcome' posting I was in a bit of a tail spin.  Having given your post the time that it deserved, like others, I was very moved and offer you my sincerest condolences.  You've really been through the mill but have demonstrated a stiff upper lip to pull through.  I really hope things start coming together for you and your family now...

I wondered how you were making out. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but you were fortunate to be there for her. Your plan seems well thought out - keep your foot on the gas pedal and keep us posted!
For Penn St. Mount Alto - make sure to check with your local State Senator and House of Reps - in Maryland, both offer college scholarships that are pretty much just for the taking. I'm betting PA officials do the same.

riff raff":dy8r6w29 said:
I wondered how you were making out.  I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but you were fortunate to be there for her.  Your plan seems well thought out - keep your foot on the gas pedal and keep us posted!
For Penn St. Mount Alto - make sure to check with your local State Senator and House of Reps - in Maryland, both offer college scholarships that are pretty much just for the taking.  I'm betting PA officials do the same.  
Al, I'm no longer in Chambersburg. I moved to a town within minutes of Penn State (University Park). So many more opportunities! However, I will still look into the scholarships for my daughter as well as myself. Thanks for the tip. :)

Gotcha! Most of the time, to get the scholarships you just have to fill out a short application. My wife's office gives $500-$1000 per year based on need. And, it's good for four years!

Briarbabe":83cu403o said:
riff raff":83cu403o said:
I wondered how you were making out.  I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but you were fortunate to be there for her.  Your plan seems well thought out - keep your foot on the gas pedal and keep us posted!
For Penn St. Mount Alto - make sure to check with your local State Senator and House of Reps - in Maryland, both offer college scholarships that are pretty much just for the taking.  I'm betting PA officials do the same.  
Al, I'm no longer in Chambersburg. I moved to a town within minutes of Penn State (University Park). So many more opportunities! However, I will still look into the scholarships for my daughter as well as myself. Thanks for the tip. :)

Hawker":08r8pgzy said:
Onward thru the fog. Can't keep a good girl down. Glad your back and on track BB.

Condolences to you and your family, may your mother RIP.
Amen.

Condolences to you and best wishes as you move on, sister.

My condolences. As a person with very elderly parents, I appreciate every day they are still with us. I'm glad your mom didn't suffer. Take care of yourself.

Welcome back! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you before, but have read a few of your posts. Glad you made it through the rough times. I am sorry to hear about your mother, but am glad she went peacefully. May you be the recipient of many blessings and good times ahead. (And stay safe on that motorcyle).

JP

d4klutz":79aiprq4 said:
Welcome back!  I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you before, but have read a few of your posts.  Glad you made it through the rough times.  I am sorry to hear about your mother, but am glad she went peacefully.  May you be the recipient of many blessings and good times ahead.  (And stay safe on that motorcyle).

JP
Thanks, I'll do my best. :)

You've come thru quite a storm, life wise, with obviously a much better view than you had when it all started and hopefully you will recognize that YOU have value to those around you. Keep it up and it's good to read your unique and original posts. I have missed 'em. GOOD to see your back !

I shouldn't pick on you, Monbla. If I remember my Texan language correctly, "Your" and "You're" are both spelled "Yer".
(I learnt that in my year in Arlington.) :p 

George Kaplan":h9lxtxa7 said:
I shouldn't pick on you, Monbla. If I remember my Texan language correctly, "Your" and "You're" are both spelled "Yer".
(I learnt that in my year in Arlington.) :p 
Thas rite  :twisted: :twisted: 

Briarbabe":q4xx5ma1 said:
monbla256":q4xx5ma1 said:
George Kaplan":q4xx5ma1 said:
monbla256":q4xx5ma1 said:
GOOD to see your back !  
Why? Is her back that good looking?  ;) 
I would imagine !! :twisted: 
Actually, I've been told it is, especially the lower half.  :twisted: 
AAH! Lower lumbar vertebrae, TASTEY mmmmm :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":9mp4fif9 said:
Briarbabe":9mp4fif9 said:
George Kaplan":9mp4fif9 said:
GOOD to see your back !  
I would imagine !! :twisted: 
Actually, I've been told it is, especially the lower half.  :twisted: 
AAH! Lower lumbar vertebrae, TASTEY  mmmmm :twisted: :twisted: 
Not at all where I thought this was going...speaking of though, anyone enjoy Hannibal? I'm hooked! It's a damn good show, even if there are parts I can't watch because HORK!

Yup! Leave it to Monbla to take a nice, suggestive thread and turn it all creepy.  :roll: 
Saw the 1st season of Hannibal. Engaging story, but my gawd is that show gloomy! I've gotta watch about three stupid sitcoms afterwards to cleanse my palette.

George Kaplan":a5b5bv6f said:
Yup! Leave it to Monbla to take a nice, suggestive thread and turn it all creepy.  :roll: 
Saw the 1st season of Hannibal. Engaging story, but my gawd is that show gloomy! I've gotta watch about three stupid sitcoms afterwards to cleanse my palette.
I agree, gory and gloomy. I have to read or watch something funny after, especially if I am sleeping anytime soon thereafter.

George Kaplan":9qg7o26k said:
monbla256":9qg7o26k said:
GOOD to see your back !  
YOU started it George so I guess YOU are the one who turned things creepy. I merely acknowledged that it was good to see she was back!!  :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":2l1ylnn6 said:
YOU started it George so I guess YOU are the one who turned things creepy.
Monbla, as much as I enjoy these little back-and-forths of ours, let's be honest. I have a little fun with a typo of yours, then you threaten to EAT HER SPINE, and I'm the creepy one?  :scratch: 

Oh well, I guess either way it's not creepy if she likes it.  ;)