Hiking the Pemi Wilderness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMacphersonNH

Reaction score
Am setting off Friday for a four day hike through the Pemi Wilderness. No cell phone, no ipad. Just an old fashioned book, my Charatan Salisbury, and 4 oz. of 4noggins' Trout Stream. Nothing like sitting on the banks of the North Branch listening to the boulders roll and enjoying a good bowl.

Charge your phone, turn the radios off... Pack it in socks and stick it in your gear. The GPS and the camera can come in very handy.

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I'm required to carry a SAT phone when I'm out and on call as a Wilderness EMT so I'm not completely cut off. Let's hope everyone stays safe (including me!) so I can smoke in peace.

Sounds like your going to have some good ole quality time sir, here's to no interruptions

Cartaphilus":gw1l8smu said:
Sounds like your going to have some good ole quality time sir, here's to no interruptions
Thank you sir! Looking forward to it. Hope you are well.

TMacphersonNH":j3jrv2yh said:
Cartaphilus":j3jrv2yh said:
Thank you sir! Looking forward to it. Hope you are well.
As well as to be expected! :lol:

enjoy your trip! I love being able to be disconnected at times. It is a rare treat. I hope that no emergencies come up! I am wilderness first aid certified myself. I do search and rescue for the county here. Be safe!