Hill And Hill

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrey

Reaction score
Anyone in the Southeast region of Michigan ever try Hill and Hill Tobacco on Mack Ave. in Grosse Pointe? Great place and lots of knowledge from the owner. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

When I lived in the Detroit area I spent many hours,and a good sum of money there.It's been 14 years since I moved to Carolina,and I haven't been back to Michigan.I sure miss Hill & Hill though.In those days the place was run by a fella named Jimmy don't know if it still is.I still have some of the pipes that he sold me.As you said..He never steered me wrong.

jeffrey":f27rejj3 said:
Anyone in the Southeast region of Michigan ever try Hill and Hill Tobacco on Mack Ave. in Grosse Pointe? Great place and lots of knowledge from the owner. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Love that photo of your buddy!

NCguy,

Yep, Jim still runs the place and has does a great job with it. I remember going there when I young with my uncle and older brother. Believe me, nothing has changed. Same old couches and chess board there. He does have a small flat screen TV in the corner so you can catch the day games when you visit. What a great place.

Justpipes, you must mean my weim Annie. She loves to show off.

The only thing with Hill is dont send him any pipes to sell for you.

I heard stories of widows sending him collections to sell for them from husbands who passed on, and he said their pipes disappeared and couldnt be found. Then a few months later the widow walks into the Hill and there are her husbands pipes for sale. I didnt ever have this happen but have heard the stories from mulitple sources.

Id steer clear for selling through him.

His prices always seemed high to me also. $300.00 for an estate smoked Dunhill shell from 1984? Thats pretty high. Unless of course he lowered his prices.

Brian