Hitchhikers Guide or any other Sci Fi guys out there?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Reaction score
These are available as ebooks through amazon - feature a number of pipe or cigar smoking characters, really a bit in the Steampunk or Teslapunk genre, but humor in the same vein as Adams and Pratchett.  And yes, my own writing efforts.
https://www.amazon.com/Dirigible-Pirates-Professor-Stanwell-Briar-ebook/dp/B010BVRDHU?ie=UTF8&keywords=the%20dirigible%20pirates&qid=1462628666&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Black-Professor-Stanwell-Briar-ebook/dp/B017FASQ7Q?ie=UTF8&keywords=the%20dirigible%20pirates&qid=1462628666&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

dougc905

Reaction score
PiperCub":1hiqwifs said:
i need recomendations on new reads guys
I'm currently reading Terry Pratchett's work, specifically his 41-book Discword series. While it isn't SF, it is fantasy that is right up there with Hitchhiker's Guide. Hadn't heard of him until a colleague at work suggested it. A fun read so far.

Timbo

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Adam's fan here, look at my sig. Not sure why I never discovered this thread befere. :)

Gotta second the Pratchett recommendation, all the discworld books are brilliant and hysterically funny, able to be reread many times.

He did do some sci fi, Strata springs to mind.

Cheers

Tim

Eric Furgeson

Reaction score
David webber's Honor Harrington serises for nuts and bolts sicfi, Anne McCaffrey's pern series for fantisy. Harry Turtledove for aulternate history. Mary Sewart for classic Autherian sword ans sorcery. And of course rereads of old favorites

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Currently re-reading Bill Bryson's "One Summer 1927" for the 3rd or 4th time.

What a way great book, and highly recommended!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Old Nate

Reaction score
I need to check out Bryson... I keep meaning to pick up one of his books, but never seem to get that far.

I'm currently reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfus... in the same vein as George RR Martin but a little more singular... so far so good.