HOLY JUMPIN UP AND DOWN MARTHA!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fumus

Reaction score
MAN DOWN!:shock:

So I get home from work and some school related errands a little later than expected, and the moment I open the door of my pickup, my oldest hollers at me from the front porch that "delivery guys been showing up all day dropping off packages! What the heck's going on??"  I've been so focused on my school work lately, that I was completely oblivious as I wandered through the front door wondering the same thing.  Some time later I came to, lying half buried in rubble, with ringing ears and what felt like a head full of angry bees.  As the world slowly came back into focus, I became aware of my offspring (who always seem to take some sort of perverse pleasure in any calamity that befalls me.  The more cataclysmic the calamity, the better they like it),  dancing gleefully around what was left of the living room chanting "dad got bombed! dad got bombed!"  The next hour or so (just guessing on the time here, as my watch was lost in the explosion), was spent with them huddled around me as I was opening packages, sniffing the various bags, pouches, and tins of wonderful baccy, and making comments on which one I should try first and which of the pipes I should smoke it in.  

As soon as the smoke clears enough for me to conduct a proper survey, I'll report back with a complete inventory of the damage, and (if I can find the camera in all the wreckage), some photo's as well.  

Utterly humbled by y'all's generosity and sneakiness.

Congrats and/or sympathies! Once you dig out, we're looking forward to the damage report!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Looking forward to that damage report.

I'm STILL enjoying what I was bombed with a year ago now !! Pretty amazing huh ? :twisted: :twisted:

Pipe smoke in the air does help alleviate the stench of exploded ordinance! Looking forward to this damage report.

Fr_Tom":oslyh79u said:
We are looking for some photo-documentation here. You know what they say: "Pics or...   "
Maybe they are either still digging out from the rubble, or are still in shock! :affraid:

Kendel Tobacco- Rum Flake, 50g tin
Sam Gawith- Fire Dance Flake, 50g tin
Sutliff- Molto Dolce, 1.5oz tin
Carter Hall 14oz tub
Stokkebye-Peaches and Creme, bulk 2oz?
-Nougat,bulk 2oz?
McClelland-Deep Hollow, bulk 2oz?
Edward G Robinson's Blend, bulk 3oz?
W.O. Larsen-Signature, 100g tin
Drew Estate? Coffee blend, bulk 3oz?
Van Rossems-Troost, aromatic Cavendish, 50g pouch
Larsen L.E. 2015, bulk 2 1/2oz
Erik Stokkeby-4th Generation 1897, 1.4oz tin
Dan Tobacco-Milonga bulk 1 1/2oz?
Ashton-Goldrush, bulk 1oz?
Straus Tobacconist -Sleepy Hollow, bulk 1oz
-Union Terminal, bulk 1oz
- Ault Park, bulk 1oz
Villiger 1888-Cocktail Hour, bulk 1oz?
G.L. Peace-Virginia Cream, 2oz tin
L.J. Peretti Co. bulk 1oz (no blend name provided, but sure smells good)
L.J. Peretti Co. Whiskey Cavendish, bulk 1oz
Tobacco Galleria-Almondine, 1.5oz pouch
Cornell & Diehl-Founding Fathers, bulk 4oz
-Jamaican Rum, bulk 4oz
-Autumn Evening, bulk 4oz
Just For Him-Shortcut to Mushrooms, bulk 1oz? (The name on this one both intrigues and concerns me. What kind of shrooms are we short-cutting to? Does the short cut go through pastures occupied by ABC's {Angry Bovineous Creatures}? Will psilocybin or psilocin be part of the equation?)

MacBaren-Modern VA, bulk 1.5oz?
Stokkeby-Black Cavendish, bulk 20z
Dan Tobacco-Blue Note, bulk 1oz?
C&D-Autumn Evening, bulk 1oz
Pipeworks & Wilke-No.191
Erinmore Mixture, 50gtin

In addition to all this wonderful tobacco, there were also the following items: 2oz Chapel Hill Pecan and Dark Chocolate Toffee.
A dandy looking Castleford Pipe tool shaped like a pipe
A Dutch Gouda Pipe, from Penn Valley Pipes and Tobacco Co. This is white clay pipe, what I think they used to call a tavern pipe. The bowl is sort of almond shape and canted forward with a small nub on the bottom (presumably to act as a rest so you can set it down), I think its what the call a Cutty shape. A very handsome pipe, and the smaller bowl size should be perfect for shorter smokes or sampling all the new tobaccos. I've been wanting to get a clay pipe for some time and this will be my first.
A cool looking black bent...billiard? Not sure if it would be considered a nose warmer but if not it seems close. Looks alot like the pipe my friend Norbert smokes, minus the cracked bowl. Two bundles of Fujima bristle pipe cleaners, 44count each. A Missouri Meerschaum strait Legend. A beautiful hand turned walnut tamper (not for tamping walnuts, it's made out of walnut wood). A bundle of Long's pipe cleaners 56count. Another MM Legend, this one with a really cool bent stem.

OK, I think that's everything. Still looking for the camera and gathering jars to store this cornucopia of delights, as I attempt to set things back in order around here. Followed juanmedusa's advice and filled the new clay pipe with the Troost aromatic Cavendish while I was surveying the damage and he was right about pipe smoke alleviating the stench of exploded ordinance. Not sure what I'll try next, all but a couple of the tobaccos are new to me and the ones I am familiar with are on my list of favorites. Have to write a couple of papers today, but will get photo's added ASAP. (wanders back into the wreckage mumbling softly to self)

DrT999":1rtvht84 said:
Maybe they are either still digging out from the rubble, or are still in shock! :affraid:
We have an inventory of damage now. My ordinance arrived as intended. The camera may have been damaged in one of the strikes.

I wonder if there will be a delayed hit Monday?

Fr_Tom":ej2czaq8 said:
DrT999":ej2czaq8 said:
We have an inventory of damage now. My ordinance arrived as intended. The camera may have been damaged in one of the strikes.

Yeah, lots of righteous damage, but it looks like there could be another wave or two! ;) Careful of that clay, Fumus, the bowls of clays get hotter than you would believe! :twisted:

DrT999":hpbynecc said:
Fr_Tom":hpbynecc said:
DrT999":hpbynecc said:

Yeah, lots of righteous damage, but it looks like there could be another wave or two! ;) Careful of that clay, Fumus, the bowls of clays get hotter than you would believe! :twisted:
Yuppers!