Home Made Cake/Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakpack

Reaction score
g a 50-50 blend that I pressed up for 3 months of J.f. Germain's Gold Leaf R/R Straight Virginia 
and J.F. Germain's Full Latakia. At first light I was a bit underwhelmed but a minute or so into it flavors
came on very nicely. Burning very evenly and leaving the classic Germain's gray ash. Smoking my Neal 
Monier handmade funky cherry poker. Great pipe maker

GeoffC":yr2qr1qj said:
I have been tempted to press some tobac.   Do you see the effort as worth it?
Yea I think it melded the flavors quite well. I also enjoy Cake/Plugs. Going to do some more experimenting,
but I say try it!

Very nice looking plug you made. I'm a frequent flyer when it comes to pressing toby. It really does do wonderful things to some blends. Other blends not so much. It really doesn't hurt to try it though....after all you just might like it.

Jim

Oh and great looking pipe you got there too!

I enjoy my plugs/ crumble kakes too! Looks like you have a winner.

And yah, I've got one of Niel's pipes too. He does some great stuff! Very light and great engineering, comfortable to hold, lovely to look at.

BriarBeagle":3t64ewkd said:
Are you making hockey pucks for the NHL?  Nice looking cake, my friend.  Glad she's smoking well for you.

BB
Indeed PVC tube, parchment paper, two hockey pucks and a C clamp can make wonders.
Been smoking more of it. I've managed to impress myself!

Ozark Wizard":geuqgmi8 said:
I enjoy my plugs/ crumble kakes too! Looks like you have a winner.

And yah, I've got one of Niel's pipes too. He does some great stuff! Very light and great engineering, comfortable to hold, lovely to look at.
Yea Monier has got a great feel to it