Homemade tamper

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APKurt

Reaction score
I made another tamper. This one was made with cocobolo, leather, and antler with stainless spacers. I've already used this one a couple of times and it feels really nice in my hand. It's a bit difficult to know what the wood is going to look like until you get everything ground down to the desired shape but this one turned out to be a nice piece of cocobolo.

I'm currently working on a tamper with a spoon/poker tool inserted in one end.  I hope to have that one done by the end of the week.  It's awfully fun working with stuff like this to dial in what looks/works best!

1ccaf226364c756ec7c6c9f979edd94b.jpg

0ff582fd720d2971cb9162117e4a658c.jpg

That's a NICE,NICE piece of work guy ! VERY NICE !! :cheers: 

so when are you going to start selling these? Ill be one of the first in line. Nice tamper.

d4klutz":eqxqx460 said:
so when are you going to start selling these?  Ill be one of the first in line.  Nice tamper.
Thanks! I'm glad you dig them! The one pictured above is my personal favorite so I don't plan on selling it. It's getting lots of use :D  They are fun to make and I am getting much better at creating quality craftsmanship. I am new here and I haven't quite reached the 30/30 threshold so I can't offer them for sale yet on the trading post. Several other brothers have also expressed interest so I figured I would make about half a dozen of them that I think are of excellent quality and then offer them for sale. By then I will have reached the threshold necessary to offer them on the trading post.

This is my most recent piece:
1a53827621d9a811646926c1b489e86b.jpg

e5520d507ee8b2d7ad23274e4f49478f.jpg

308022b92b9243ae364d692075ec3884.jpg

It's leather, antler, cocobolo and stainless steel. As you can see I have been experimenting with a spoon/poker tool inserted in one end as suggested by a BoB member. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I will probably offer some with the spoon tool and some without the tool depending on preference. Plus, if folks are interested I could even make some custom pieces. We'll see. It's really just a hobby for me but I'm enjoying it and the feedback has been awesome.

Wow, that looks great. I love the idea of the spoon/tool on the end. It really finishes out the tamper well.

Those are fantastic - very, very nice.

Reckon they'll go like hot cakes :)

Bravo!

I think you'll be sold out before you get started.  Really nice, I'll be in line too.

Thanks everyone! I should have some ready to sell soon  :cheers: