Hope i like this one

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhsmoker

Reaction score
I just ordered a tobacco I have not had. I only smoke a bowl a day so a tin lasts quite a while as I change my tobacco most days. I really liked the sound of plum pudding special reserve and I hope it lives up to my expectations as I have 4 4 oz tins coming in. I can't even wrap my head around how long I'll have it so I hope it is delicious!

Well, at least that cuts the cost of shipping per tin. Otherwise…it’s CRAZY! 😵‍💫😜🥳. Love that TAD.

I WAS going to re-post JimInks review of last April but figured that might act to sell this stuff out everything it might be available. It does sound that good.

Well, at least that cuts the cost of shipping per tin. Otherwise…it’s CRAZY! 😵‍💫😜🥳. Love that TAD.

I WAS going to re-post JimInks review of last April but figured that might act to sell this stuff out everything it might be available. It does sound that good.
In all fairness I got a really good price that's why I got so many. Plus I figured with such a popular blend if I dislike it I could trade it off fairly easily.

I'll do it for you. I think the SPC Special Reserve Plum Pudding and Mississippi River blends are superior to the regular versions.

Special Reserve Mississippi River:
The fermented red Virginia is tangy, dark fruit sweet with plenty of earth, wood, bread, light sugar, and a smidgeon of barbecue flavor as it forms the base of the blend. The stoved Virginias have a fermented sugary dark fruitiness, bread, earth and wood. It almost competes with the red for attention. The rare flue cured Virginia provides a little grass vegetation, bread, light floralness, spice, and some tart and tangy citrus in the background. The perique offers some spice with raisin, plum and fig notes, and is a little more than a condimental addition. The Orientals are woody, earthy, dry, lightly spicy, herbal, vegetative, floral, with a mild sourness, and plays just above the threshold of the Latakia. The incense-like Cyprian Latakia adds a sweet smoky, musty, earthy, floral woodiness. The strength is medium. The taste is a step past that mark. The nic-hit is a step below the strength level. There’s no chance of bite or harshness present. Has a few light rough edges. It’s presented in an easily broken apart krumble kake. The tobacco is a little moist, but I did not feel the need to dry it. I recommend not totally rubbing it out. I broke off small pieces and dropped them into the bowl. Burns a mite slow, cool and clean with a very consistent, complex, deeply rich and creamy smooth, smoky sweet, floral, spicy taste to the finish. Requires some relights, and leaves just a little moisture in the bowl. Has a very pleasant, lingering after taste with a stronger room note. It’s almost an all day smoke for a beginner, and can be one for the experienced smoker.

In comparison to the regular Mississippi River, I find this to be a little smoother and richer in flavor. Its sweetness has a mildly more fermented character than does the regular MR. The addition of the flue cured Virginia adds a pinch of extra complexity. I find the spice content to be a hair higher as well. Well balanced, you’ll notice virtually all of the inherent aspects of the tobaccos in every puff.

Special Reserve Plum Pudding:
Though it is true that the smoky, woody, earthy, musty sweet Cyprian Latakia is the most important component, the other constituent tobaccos synergistically combine to form a cohesive, multi-dimensional flavor. The black stoved and red Virginias are also upgraded leaf especially for this Reserve blend. They offer earth, wood, and a little grass and bread, fermented tangy ripe, stewed dark fruit, and tart and tangy citrus with a light barbecue essence. The sun cured Orientals not present in the original Plum Pudding add a bit more sweetness, depth and dimension to the complexity. The dry, buttery sweet and sour, wood, earth, herbs, vegetation, floral and smoke from the Orientals also sport a pinch of salt in the background, a little less so than they do in the other version due to the upgraded Turkish leaf. There is a continual undercurrent of spice, raisins, plums, and figs from the earthy perique, though the spice is lightly more obvious. The unsweetened black cavendish provides a brown sugary smoothness in a small support role. The nicotine status is a shade closer to medium than it is to mild. The strength and taste positions are medium. It won’t bite, and any chance of harshness is tamed by the black cavendish. The pressed kake plug is easily broken apart. The tobacco is a little moist, but I did not feel the need to dry it. I recommend not totally rubbing it out. I broke off small pieces and dropped them into the bowl. It burns a bit slow, cool and clean with a very consistent and intricate, deeply rich and creamy smooth, smoky, woody sweet and savory taste from start to finish. It requires some relights, and leaves just a little moisture in the bowl. It sports a very pleasant, lingering after taste with a stronger room note. It’s not quite an all day smoke, but is certainly repeatable.

Aside from the previously noted differences from the other Plum Pudding, PPSR is a little sweeter, deeper, smoother and richer in flavor, with nearly the same strength and taste levels. Its sweetness has a mildly more fermented character, and the “barbecue” note a tad more pronounced. Well balanced, you’ll notice virtually all of the inherent aspects of the tobaccos in every moment of the experience.