Hope I'm not becoming an alchy!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bent Stem

Reaction score
:drunken: Lately, I'm finding my evening bowl just goes so much better with a nice glass of bourbon or scotch! Seems to be possibly becoming a habit! It's just so darn good together! See what you guys have started! :drunken: :drunken:

Not to worry!! Just finished a fine dram of Glenfiddich 15-yr Solera after earlier having a wee dram of Longmorn 15-yr!! :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT

From the classic movie Casablanca:
(Nazi)Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
(Bogart)Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Wife and I are working on a bottle of Remy Martin lately. Goes great with last bowl of the day.

Aaahh! So I'm not the only one! I hope it's just a winter thing for me, this winter. Another evening, another couple glasses down. I've wiped out more booze in the last couple weeks than I have in many, many years. And, in my older age (40's), along with my pipes, I'm enjoying it more than I ever have. :drunken: :pipe:

A couple of shots of Old Crow just about every evening........good for the digestive tract!

Yet another area to explore,,,alcohol complimenting tobacco,,,,I try to limit myself to weekend research,,,,Makers Mark with light virginias,,,,Makers Mark with light aros,,,,Makers Mark with,,,ohhhh,,,,, I see a pattern,,,,

Depends on the time of year. During these colder, winter months I (and SWMBO :queen: ) enjoy singlemalt, good Irish, port, sherry, old (15 yrs.and older) dark rum, plus a variety of liquers with my evening pipe and/or cigar. :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT

ftrplt":uhva0vtn said:
Depends on the time of year. During these colder, winter months I (and SWMBO :queen: ) enjoy singlemalt, good Irish, port, sherry, old (15 yrs.and older) dark rum, plus a variety of liquers with my evening pipe and/or cigar. :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT
Jim Beam & Booker's tonight! :cheers: :pipe: :drunken:

FTRPLT got a new avatar!

Trying to decide about tonight. Mother in-law's birthday today and ate all day, so kinda full, so no beer or wine. Guess we'll tap into the Remy Martin again. Wish I could find some Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale out here in the sticks.

Yep...Found a classic Sherlock Holmes I couldn't resist :cheers: I'm not much for bourbon, but I will occasionally have a sip of single-barrel; Booker's being one of the few I've tried :cheers: FTRPLT