Hot Sauce

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Sauce…Frank’s?

Yes. A very well balanced vinegar based mild hot sauce when one wants more pepper flavor than heat with a vinegar twang. Frankly (pun intended) I prefer the Xtra Hot variety when I'm in the mood -

franks_xtra_hot_sauce_bottle.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Cholulla is a past favorite.

I trust Brewdude on the hot stuff. He’s been there and done ‘em all. Aside from that, I’ve never tried Frank’s. Just lookin’ for opinions.

Anyone been to a Pepper Palace?

There's one store in the greater Phoenix area that I have yet to visit. Seems like the last word in all things hot.

https://pepperpalace.com/
🔥

Cheers,

RR

Rande…with over 100 locations, they’re all over for sure. Closest one to us is in Woodburn, OR which is 20 mi away if’n ye take the short road. Never been there…as yet. Didn’t know they were there…til now. Looks fantastic!

Crystal, Franks's, Louisiana, are all good sauces for fried fish etc. When one is craving that vinegar type of taste.

I order two hot sauces by the case. The Pepper Plant, California Style sauce which comes in bottles larger than those little bitty 10 oz things that seem to be so popular. And the other is Smokey Serrano, by the Boulder Hot Sauce Company.

I am not into punishment. I want good flavor.

When you fry fish, coat them in hot sauce like you’ve ruined it, batter, then fry, you gonna lick you lips I GARRONTE!

Carlos…both those are very well regarded. Considering an order soonish.

Tbradsim…that’s a really interesting approach…never thought of doing it that way…will have to try it.

Thanks for all the good info!! Love hot sauce/s!!! That said, I'm extremely biased towards "Texas Pete." Great on damn near everything; makes for some spicy wings! My nephew says I put that $hit on everything!!! Which is true!! FTRPLT
BTW...Texas Pete is not made in Texas!! Comes from T.W. Garner Foods in my home town, Winston-Salem, NC!!!