Hot Tubs & Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peckinpahhombre

Reaction score
Can you smoke a pipe in a hot tub?

I have switched over to pipes from cigars, and then tonight I was thinking of sitting in the hot tub. I used to take a cigar, but it seems unwieldy to take a pipe in. Thoughts? Tips? Is it doable?

As long as you keep your hands dry I think it could be managed. It wouldn't be good to get your briar too wet.

Anything would be doable :twisted: Question really is, why? Lot's of humidity in a hot tub and hot briar and tobacco just don't mix well ! Remember, if it can happen, it will aplies to pipes falling in the water :p Enjoy the tub, THEN go and enjoy your pipe :p

All I can add is I tried smoking a cigar in a hot tub ONCE and the chlorine vapors made the smoke taste like crap. That complied with the possibility of damaging a pipe from high RH or dropping it would make me say no way.

It's kind of like making out and eating pizza. Both are pretty awesome when they're perfect, but it's best not to do them at the same time. Why rush? Multitasking just means both will be over faster anyway, with the potential for disaster(s).

Hedonism is a professional sport...and those that finish first aren't the winners.

8)

What they said. But boy it'd look cool to smoke a pipe in a hot tub. :lol:

I don't have any issues smoking in the hot tub. Of course that is why I bought a bunch of $3 cobs for so I don't feel bad if I drop it in the tub.

Well, to me, hot tubs, wine and a smoke go hand-in-hand. I don't have the chlorine smell issue since I have a UV light system that treats the water continuously, so it only uses about the same amount of chorine (lithium actually) as is in normal tap water.

I may try the cob idea, but last night I hit the humidor. I haven't opened it in about 3 months but I have about 150 cubans in there. So I had my first cigar in three months, a Hoyo double corona. A monster cigar to be sure. It was good, but I did miss the pipe, no doubt about it.

cobs are the way to go. I picked one up at JR's last summer to try while floating around the pool. I was pleasantly surprised how well it smoked.

mmm...in theory it may sound cool, but i am afraid the hot tub vapors and the wet enviroment will not match very well with pipesmoking.
Anyway if i will decide to try one day it will be with a cheap corncob pipe and a soapy taste tobacco. :)

osci":zp0835r7 said:
mmm...in theory it may sound cool, but i am afraid the hot tub vapors and the wet enviroment will not match very well with pipesmoking.
Anyway if i will decide to try one day it will be with a cheap corncob pipe and a soapy taste tobacco. :)
MMMMMM Lakeland and hot humidity sounds like heaven :evil: :twisted:

I always smoke a pipe while lounging in the shallow end of my pool all summer, but I don't think a hot tub is a great place to smoke anything. Besides there are other "things" for a guy to hold inside of a hot tub.

When hiking around for work or pleasure, a desert spring or small mountain lake, a stream...those all beg for a pipe, stickin' yer feet in, etc. No fumes, no swampy heat... I'm sure a pool is just the urban variant. I get nose-burn from chlorine fumes from damn hot tubs anyway (plus they gross me out... :lol: ) so I guess I'm sided on this one. Bear and fish sh*t doesn't scare me, people by-products though... ugh. Undercooked human soup. Gross.

8)

Gross either way. Man, I cannot believe that anyone who enjoys a hot tub on their deck has any "soup" to worry about. Seems to me that a great smoke time would be right after getting out of the tub.

ragged claws":pkcin7zc said:
As opposed to properly cooked human soup? :)
Cook to 165F, hold at 145F: minimums. Properly cooked. :twisted: :mrgreen:

8)