How do I upload photos???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyFlake

Reaction score
I have been trying to place a thread with photos of a new aquisition I have, but so far I am unable to figure it out correctly. I am trying to upload from a floppy disk. Any help with this will be appreciated.

Johnny

I haven't used it but I think there is an area on the board that will host photos that you can then upload to threads. Not sure about that but if not you will have to use a photo host site. I use Geocities and upload the photos here as url's.

Go to Post Reply
On the far right (for me anyway) is an icon that says Host an image when you roll your cursor over it. Click that.
A browse box will come up.
Select browse and go to your image file. Usually a jpg
Once it's selected, click Host It in the browse box. You can also choose to make the image smaller or larger if you wish. I leave it at default.
You will be presented with three lines, I click copy on the middle one, which is an img tag format. It will turn blue meaning it's selected and then I right click and choose copy.
Now, I have found a couple of things peculiar about this. Possibly related to me running FireFox or Linux. I cannot just click on the post text area and clear the image browse box. I have to click on the insert an image icon, then ok it. It inserts img /img tags in my text. I delete those and then paste copied image link.
I suppose I could have just copied the image url and then pasted it into those img tags.
So once it's pasted I click Send.

I sure made that sound complicated didn't I. Sorry, it's not really that difficult once you figure out the steps that work for you.

This site will host the image for you and for most people, that is the hardest thing to figure out. Since clicking on it and using that icon presents you will multiple results, there must be several different ways of using it.

Thanks for that info Carlos. I thought there was a way to do it through this site but I have always done it the "old school" way so to speak by using another host and inserting the photos as url's.

alancl11.jpg

Hey that works pretty good Carlos!!!