How do you all take your coffee?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Jevverrett

Reaction score
I recently started taking my coffee black. I used to do cream and sugar, or that hazelnut creamer in the jug. I thought I’d give it a try, because of my preferences in pipe tobacco and cigars, and I’m loving it. Then again, maybe I’m watching too much gunsmoke lol.

RSteve

Reaction score
99% of the time, black and very strong. When I'm at my brother's house, where only instant coffee is ever served, milk and sugar.

Ol'Dawg

Reaction score
Medium Columbia with milk or half and half. Dark roast I have to put on sugar to reduce the bitterness and a little of salt.

ftrplt

Reaction score
Dark and strong!! Sometimes straight black, other times with a tad of real cream or 1/2 & 1/2. No sweetener. FTRPLT

SteelyJ

Reaction score
It depends. I have mostly switched to tea (loose-leaf oolongs, blacks and greens) but I've always loved coffee. I mostly prefer either espresso shots or a latte (2% milk or oat milk) but I also sometimes go for a plain cup of black coffee. Never any sugar or other sweetener, I think I'm already sweet enough.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
So, it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag for most guys. That’s interesting to me. I’m not big into understanding coffee varietals, but I’m sure there’s something to it. Since I started going straight black, I found out some coffee is terrible tasting. This may merit more research

SteelyJ

Reaction score
Yeah - varietals can vary greatly. I really enjoy Ethiopian coffees. I chaperoned a field trip of the high school foreign language club, and we went to this Ethiopian restaurant in DC. After a delicious meal, the ladies working there gave our kids a talk about their culture and history, then served us traditional Ethiopian coffee and it was divine!
a local roaster sells some single origin beans and she has three different Ethiopians - I really enjoy the Mocha Harrar and the Yirgacheffe, so if you ever see those give them a try.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
About as far as I’ve gotten is the rawandan blend at the Cumberland farms lol. My wife some kinds of different coffee, and some expresso too

Tleek1

Reaction score
Usually cream, no sugar,
More often now oatmilk no sugar, easier on my stomach.

occasionally sweet, sometimes black.