How do you all take your coffee?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In liquid form.
Was going to say in a clean mug.

First cups or two in the morning I have a tsp of Chocolate Ovaltine, a tsp of brown sugar and 3.25% milk.

Thereafter, simply milk.

Evenings it is frequently adulterated with Kraken spiced rum and a tap of brown sugar with milk.

It's complicated....

I've had one of those inexpensive stove-top mocha pots for years now, and I've watched for a stainless steel model to upgrade. I finally got one (Kontessa). Same process and everything. The main difference is everything is made sturdier, and you don't feel like you're using a toy. Feel better about cooking with something out of steel rather than aluminum (I'm not fanatical about this sort of thing, but you know...), but there are some cons to this thing vs the cheapo. First thing I noticed is that the top knob/button on the lid gets so hot, you can't check on the process, where as you could with the junkie little plastic knob on the other maker. Second, the ornate, oddball shape of the base of the Kontessa kind of makes it difficult to squeeze to tighten and loosen. So I also more appreciate the octagon shape of the cheapo. In conclusion, the Kontessa is a lot prettier, but I'm not sure I actually upgraded this tool. Oh, and the Kontessa does pour a little nicer, as you had to pour really slowly and carefully with the cheap model.
A young friend turned me on to Moka coffee about two years ago. I will never go back to drip.

+1 for cowboy coffee. If you boil it right, which is easy-peasy, it's excellent. Much better that coffee made through a paper filter.

I also like coffee made in a Bialetti. That coffee is an occasional evening treat for me with half & half and sugar.

Other than the coffee from the Mocha Pot I take my coffee black.

Also fond of cowboy coffee, cheers.

I used to make cowboy coffee when I backpacked a lot, but right at the tail end of it being a common pursuit, I found a plastic, single cup French press at Target in one of their end-aisle clearance bins. It worked great. If it were today, I wouldn't carry the extra weight and just go back to cowboy. I used to sometimes also just go with chocolate covered espresso beans and skip the coffee all together.

In the morning before work it is 4:45am so I don't make a pot. I have a cup of Taster's Choice Regular instant before heading out. When I get home I brew a pot of fresh coffee. It was Folgers regular blend, then Breakfast blend for a while, then I switched to Maxwell House original for many years. Lately I switched to Chock Full 'O Nuts regular roast. I take it with LOTS of sugar and cream.

In the morning before work it is 4:45am so I don't make a pot. I have a cup of Taster's Choice Regular instant before heading out. When I get home I brew a pot of fresh coffee. It was Folgers regular blend, then Breakfast blend for a while, then I switched to Maxwell House original for many years. Lately I switched to Chock Full 'O Nuts regular roast. I take it with LOTS of sugar and cream.
Try some 8 O'clock Columbian Supremo. You may not need so much sugar and cream, lol.

I bought a fancy coffee maker and beans a few years ago. I am so brained fogged when I wake up, I went back to the old instant coffee. It might be cockpit error but it was never hot enough for me when it came out of the hole :rolleyes:
But I am a fan of the short black turkish coffee that puts hair on ya chest :ROFLMAO:

I watched the video I will give it a try and let you know.I like the idea of pouring water around the top to settle the grounds. Way safer then the aussie way for settling tea leaves :ROFLMAO:

I didn't watch the video because I already have my way of making cowboy coffee but I have never poured water in to settle the grounds. Simply take it off the fire for maybe 2 minutes and the grounds settle themselves. Oh one tip, if you have an egg shell or two handy, toss em in. Helps reduce the acidity.

Mike, have you ever tried cowboy coffee? Google it. Damn good if done right.
Finally gave cowboy coffee as per video a go yesterday morning. Soooo smooth and hot and beautifully strong!!!! I cant belive this method makes so much difference but it does.
I made a big saucepan full and the left over went in the fridge and I am enjoying this morning. Amazing. (y) (y) (y)