How do you all take your coffee?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
I recently started taking my coffee black. I used to do cream and sugar, or that hazelnut creamer in the jug. I thought I’d give it a try, because of my preferences in pipe tobacco and cigars, and I’m loving it. Then again, maybe I’m watching too much gunsmoke lol.

99% of the time, black and very strong. When I'm at my brother's house, where only instant coffee is ever served, milk and sugar.

Medium Columbia with milk or half and half. Dark roast I have to put on sugar to reduce the bitterness and a little of salt.

Dark and strong!! Sometimes straight black, other times with a tad of real cream or 1/2 & 1/2. No sweetener. FTRPLT

It depends. I have mostly switched to tea (loose-leaf oolongs, blacks and greens) but I've always loved coffee. I mostly prefer either espresso shots or a latte (2% milk or oat milk) but I also sometimes go for a plain cup of black coffee. Never any sugar or other sweetener, I think I'm already sweet enough.

So, it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag for most guys. That’s interesting to me. I’m not big into understanding coffee varietals, but I’m sure there’s something to it. Since I started going straight black, I found out some coffee is terrible tasting. This may merit more research

Yeah - varietals can vary greatly. I really enjoy Ethiopian coffees. I chaperoned a field trip of the high school foreign language club, and we went to this Ethiopian restaurant in DC. After a delicious meal, the ladies working there gave our kids a talk about their culture and history, then served us traditional Ethiopian coffee and it was divine!
a local roaster sells some single origin beans and she has three different Ethiopians - I really enjoy the Mocha Harrar and the Yirgacheffe, so if you ever see those give them a try.

About as far as I’ve gotten is the rawandan blend at the Cumberland farms lol. My wife some kinds of different coffee, and some expresso too

Usually cream, no sugar,
More often now oatmilk no sugar, easier on my stomach.

occasionally sweet, sometimes black.

Gifted Salt Caramel coffee. I don't like flavored coffee, but it was free. Smelled OK in the bag. My goodness is it salty. Like tighten your jowls salty. I looked in the bag and moved around the grind to see if any visible salt could be seen. But the weirdest thing about it was the aftertaste, like how pencil shavings smell. I kind of like that smell, but it is not a good flavor. I wonder if I can use it to keep away ants or something outside?

Anyone tried Gordon's Food Service Dark Roast in their funny box? Opinion?

https://gfsstore.com/products/870246/

Ummm…no thanks to the salt thing…or normally any other flavored offering. I’ve tried and enjoyed brews flavored with chocolate, cinnamon, almond, hazelnut, etc. If I was at a friends house and he or she served me a cup of something like that (like thinks where the beans are flavored at the store ir wherever) I would politely sip it down. But all the while I’d wish it was a cup of good regular black coffee. Notice I said GOOD regular. To me, good can be anything from a carefully roasted and brewed single origin cup of ambrosia to a fast mug of k-cup from a good machine using something from Starbucks or illy. If I go to a fancy coffee place all bets are off and I’ll typically order a latte made with almond flavoring…and on rare occasions I’ll do a white chocolate almond latte.

Black. Why spoil it by adding something else to it. Just like a steak, nothing on it. Then I take it to my man cave!
Or, sometimes I'll take it to the patio, drink it while smoking my pipe if the weather is nice. You know the drill.

… Just like a steak, nothing on it. Then I take it to my man cave!…

I can just picture you hunched over the haunch of meat, gnawing on it in the dark cave…hidden away from potential scavengers. I guess man hasn’t changed that much in the last few hundred thousand years.

During the week when drinking 8 o'clock Colombian coffee, I like it with half and half or if my wife is cutting back my fat intake, uh, 2% milk. For weekends, I'm drinking home roasted (in a hot air popcorn popper) Ethiopian dry process beans from Sweet Maria's, so I can best taste the bean flavor with black.