How does your better half react to different roomnotes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasemunki85

Reaction score
Hi Guys
To Start out, im pretty new here, have been smoking for about a year now.
Im wondering tho', How does your spouse, or better half react to the roomnote or aroma of the tobacco after you get done smoking a bowl?
Im asking, because my wife about fell to peices earlier. I was smoking some TB:black russian in a Paronelli' Rustic Pipe I have, and she came up stairs and started sniffing everything in the room, wondering where that wonderful smell came from.
I showed her my jar of TB:BR and she didn't believe me. I had to prove it to her.
I think shes gonna keep buying me more of this instead of cologne now.
She described: Chocolate, Marshmellows and a Campfire.
I love that woman ;)
You guys have anything like this happen to you?

As long as it's not another woman's perfume floating about the room, she's ok with it.

If I gots room note, it means my window fan ain't
gettin' the job done and I'm prolly gonna hear 'bout it. 8)

None of the blends I have smoked by now had a room note my wife really liked – that’s why I usually have to smoke outside. But then, I haven’t been that much into aromatics yet, maybe I should try some. ;)

On rare occasions however, I’m allowed to have a bowl in our attic room, with the door closed and the windows wide open. And only if there isn’t any Latakia or Perique involved.

i have had no reaction from the wife. likes most of them, of course capt. black is her favorite.

son didnt like carter hall too much (came down into the basement)................said "I like that other stuff better"

camoham

My woman likes Lat, Burley, and Lakeland blends, VAs it depends, and she doesn't like aros (since they don't smell lke tobacco.)

Usually I only get positive comments, like "That one smells great!" The last two to be complimented are Hal o' the Wynd and 1792 (she always loves the smell of 1792).

Once in a very long while there will be one that she doesn't like, but it is rare. The last one was Butera Pelican (and she has liked other Englishes, which I rarely smoke).

I think they all smell great. :scratch:

She likes them all. Of course, I am always outside and she is most often inside to that helps a lot.

Banished to the deck no matter what the room note is............ :evil:

My wife is allergic to smoke, so I smoke outside or a few hours before she comes home--so there is time to air things out.

Now that's a thought! I've never asked her opinion in our 37 years of marriage. :heart: " Hey Hon come here a minute. what do you think of... never mind" (I'd hate to have to leave her after all these years.)

My wife hats anything to do with smoke of any kind. She lost both her parents to cancer, they both smoked cigarettes so she associates smoking with cancer. So, to keep peace I smoke outside on my porch or deck. Only once in 40 years did she tell me a blend smelled good and that was some aromatic bought in Lake Charles LA called Dark Horse and it was a BlackCherry and Amaretta mix that I did not like, go figure.

Thats easy, there is no roomnote!
I am forced to smoke outside, even when I smoke lat blends or as the Mrs. puts it "horse's Ass"!
.....there you have the answer!

No burley or latakia at all are allow in the house

LV9":rencesap said:
LV, at least you are allowed in the house with a pipe bro, that's a good thing!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":o0t65qpk said:
LV9":o0t65qpk said:
LV, at least you are allowed in the house with a pipe bro, that's a good thing!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
How true. I will second your cheer :cheers:

Hermit":76a4msnm said:
DoverPipes":76a4msnm said:
Banished to the deck no matter what the room note is............ :evil:
Get a window fan.
Hahaha. Yes, I have a high powered fan in my studio which sucks it all outside too. I've actually had passersby comment that they like the smell and one asked where he could get the blend I was smoking!

My wife doesn't say much either way, just as long as it isn't too "cigar like". Peterson Irish Flake is a definite no-no in the house. She likes Latakia and has been very tolerant of my VaPer safari this summer....

Best thing I've found about the burleys is once I light up out on the deck the mother-in-law goes inside! Thank you SOLANI! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: