How is composed your cellar?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have approximately 80 different types of pipe tobacco cellared with an inventory and index cards on the outside of the tubs, but what is really interesting are the Tupperware containers that I use for daily smoking. Over the years as my tastes have changed they have become stratified. It's like an archeological dig going to the bottom of some of these containers. And here's a hint: black marker ink on some types of plastic bags fades over the years giving rise to mystery tobaccos.

leonardbill1":29xmdvy6 said:
And here's a hint: black marker ink on some types of plastic bags fades over the years giving rise to mystery tobaccos.
That's why I use Frog painter's tape and a Sharpie permanent pen for my labels. The tape comes off easily, even after 2 years on my jars. I usually don't use plastic bags, but if I do, I still use the tape. ;)

I don't know where else to put this. First of all, do you say latakia, like latch on a door, with a short "a", or do you say it like a lot...lotakia, like a short "o"? I've never heard anyone pronounce it like this guy. Second, the way this guy shows his collection reminds me of how guys do their shaving dens these days. He somewhat looks like a DE shaver or straight razor guy, too. If I was running a Spencer Gifts, I'd have a poster made of the breakdown of each type's style in the poster flipper thing.

I honestly have no idea anymore. Dozens of half pint mason jars of this and that, I smoke randomly. Dozens of pint jars for aging, of maybe 10 different bulks I love. Tins for days (150?), some old some new. Large and small cans from c&d, maybe 10 & 40. My daily rotation jars are a large Macbaren bail top of 2 lbs old dark fired ready rubbed, a small Stokkebye bail top of a 1/2 lb of proper English and a big tub of Prince Albert. I think I may be in the heavy smoker category, so that may be why i can’t manage to grow it much.