How long does it take?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
This is not a question about sex.
Actually it is a three part question:
#1 How long it takes to load your pipe and them smoke it?
#2 How long do you think that it should take to load your pipe?
#3 How long would you actually like to smoke it?
I probably take less than 30 seconds to load it and 30 minutes is probably my limit.
Remember, this is not a sex question, but if it were I would probably be a happy man.
Bub

Bub":4v2ge6zy said:
This is not a question about sex.
Actually it is a three part question:
#1 How long it takes to load your pipe and them smoke it?
#2 How long do you think that it should take to load your pipe?
#3 How long would you actually like to smoke it?
I probably take less than 30 seconds to load it and 30 minutes is probably my limit.
Remember, this is not a sex question, but if it were I would probably be a happy man.
Bub
#1: For me, really only a few minutes.

#2: This one is harder. I might take a half hour or more deciding what to smoke and which pipe sometimes. I have read of guys loading a whole days worth of pipes the previous day.

#3: 30min, 45 typically. As long as an hour and a half. That really depends upon the mood. What I am doing. Many things.

I would have to echo Carlos in his answers. The physical loading of the pipe less than a minute. The deciding of the pipe/tobacco combination longer. The smoking of my pick, depending on what I'm doing a half hour to forty-five minutes.

Same here, 30 secs-1 min.

30-45 minutes. Sometimes 1 hour or so depending on the pipe, etc.

I do have some pipes that could easily last 2 hours. And of course if I fill the Brissett Umbrella Stand it could easily last 3-4 days.......... :lol:

bigbrissetta.JPG

Justpipes":4twwccq7 said:
And of course if I fill the Brissett Umbrella Stand it could easily last 3-4 days.......... :lol:

bigbrissetta.JPG

Now that's a pipe!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mdmiller5":4datwi95 said:
I would have to echo Carlos in his answers. The physical loading of the pipe less than a minute. The deciding of the pipe/tobacco combination longer. The smoking of my pick, depending on what I'm doing a half hour to forty-five minutes.
I would agree. The longest part of the process is in the selection of the tobaccos, then the pipe. My smoking habits are rather monochromatic, relying on a legacy burley almost every time. Some smokes are just meant to be an ERRd or a PA, or Uhle's (I'm liking Uhle's more and more), then the pipe. Once they're chosen, it's basically 'dip and cram, then light and go. If the smoke hits its stride, 45-50 minutes is a good time. If the smoke falters, I might go 10-15 minutes before I tap out and scoop the ashes. Other than flakes, if a smoke goes beyond an hour, then it's too long for me.

mdmiller5":h1s85clg said:
Mike had to chop down an entire cherry tree just to make that thing.
I guess he just doesn't have the integrity of George Washington. :lol:

I'm pretty much on par with you folks.I average about a minute to fill a grp 4-5 sized bowl and it takes me about 30-35 mins to smoke it down to ash.Obviously it's a longer process when I'm smoking a much larger pipe or an extra dense/overly moist flake...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Typically I can load a pipe in about 30 seconds. I can't think of a single pipe I own that won't last at least 90 minutes.

1. 30 sec. max

2. That's about right

3. 30-45 minutes is pretty much my ideal length. Maybe a bit less (20-25 min.) for strong blends like Dark Birdseye and the like.