How many blends/inventory spread sheet ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobie1dog

Reaction score
Ok, being new to the hobby, does anyone have a listing of all the blends, and companies that make tins etc., like in a spreadsheet form? I was wanting to get a sheet with all the different ones on it so that I could check each one off as I get to sample it and use it as an inventory sheet, or the family could always look at it and never have to question whether I have it, or they can buy it for me for any occasion.

Thanks

I don't know of anything like that,
but tobaccoreviews.com is a good resourse.
You just have to take 75% of the reviews with a bigass pinch of salt.

So do think it would make for a good reference book for pipe smokers, if I compiled every listing on every site I could find with a description of each blend and turn it into a book, that it would sell? Might be fun to do. It might not be too hard to get a list of every pipe shop ( is there a National Pipe Tobacco Retailers Association)????, and then get a list of all of their blends along with all the manufactures of pipe tobacco and their product listings. I could put all the contact information in there too which would be a great reference list for people to order stuff online( web addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses).

Whadda ya think?

Not quite correct, it has 3,595 Tobaccos...almost 10 times more reviews. I am sure there are probably one or two obscure blends they missed also.

So how long do you think it will be before the book comes out? :lol: ;)

That would be the question, would people want a book with all that info in it? Or would people rather just go on the web and look it up?

Over 35,000 reviews. According to hermit, that's gonna be a lotta salt.