How Many Pipes Have You Bought on Ebay in the Last 12 Months

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
So, I have noticed that over the last twelve months the vast majority of my pipe purchases (both new and estate) have been through eBay. I thought it would be fun to run a poll to see what others buying habits might be.

Interesting post K. I have my own personal ebay right here. It's called Muddler's House!!! :bounce:

5 or so...I like ebay, but more often than not I end up not being able to find a pipe that I really want to buy, or not being able to find the price I want to pay.

Piet Binsbergen":56abf8ph said:
Interesting post K. I have my own personal ebay right here. It's called Muddler's House!!! :bounce:
\

Nice! And I assume the competition is not too stiff?

This is getting interesting; much like the recent 'favorite stem shape' poll (which really clarified a few things for me about focus and perception amongst pipe smokers re: form/function). I really like this poll feature a lot, and hope others find it interesting as well. Perhaps we should do such polls more often?

For me its only been one estate pipe via e-bay., since that purchase I've been saving up for an elusive high grade commissioned pipe.

Three. But it's been an exceptional year. Two Armellinis that were too nice and going to cheap ($9.50 and $20) to NOT get, and a smooth Ascorti bulldog that was too beautiful to not redline the budget for. ($61)

Now it will probably settle down to normal (= 0) for another couple years.

You can only smoke so many anyhow.

:face:

Backed off pipe purchases big time in the last few years. 150+ is probably enough. Concentrating on tobacco purchases. FTRPLT

About a Dozen and a half. Slowed down a lot this year. Which is good, since I've had to get rid of all my furniture to make room for the pipes..... :shock:

abbacab":4qslcioa said:
About a Dozen and a half. Slowed down a lot this year. Which is good, since I've had to get rid of all my furniture to make room for the pipes..... :shock:
:lol!:

I think the maker takes a good look at the briar block and thinks of a way to cut it that will allow him to make his quotient of pipes; he cuts it and then sees what the wood is telling him about the shapes these mini-blocks will allow.

In the end he makes those shapes and assigns chamber width and depth values to his designs.

Now never having been privy to what an actual maker does, this may be entirely wrong. :afro:

Revise previous. Just won another pretty Armellini (with a cracked horn extension and the usual wretched stem) that nobody else wanted at its $9.50 opening figure. After some stem work, it's another nice Italian for peanuts.

Total (after years of zero) is now four.

:face:

Three so far. I lost a heartbreaker just a week ago too. A beautiful Sasieni 4 Dot Canadian RuffRoot.... out bid in the last few minutes. :x I'd love to find the guy and make him an offer. :twisted:

I think I have bid on 15 or so in the last 12-months but haven't won any, yet. I'm probably not very realistic about what I should pay, though. I keep seeing some of the steals others on the BoB have gotten, though, and am hoping for a good score eventually.

TallSmoke":aqdz2wk6 said:
I think I have bid on 15 or so in the last 12-months but haven't won any, yet. I'm probably not very realistic about what I should pay, though. I keep seeing some of the steals others on the BoB have gotten, though, and am hoping for a good score eventually.
The same for me. I keep thinking that I will get a great deal at the price I bid then in the last few mins it is gone. Oh well, eventually.