How much do you have cellared?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermit":41w0ck73 said:
Danish_Pipe_Guy":41w0ck73 said:
Roughly 140 pounds of tins and bulk....
That's all?!?
What a let down. :cry:

Barring any further entries, Carlos wins. :bounce:
I think Dock has us beat. Mine isn't even organized. It's stacked on shelves and in random piles.

kilted1":culjg12h said:
Whatever it weighs, it's never 'enough' :pipe:
I'm still stuck at 95lbs.
One hundred is a milestone I hope to pass soon.
"Enough" is a foreign concept, but I'll be "satisfied"
when I have my weight in tobacco put away.
(then if I want more, all I have to do is gain weight.) :lol:

I feel so inadequate. I have maybe two pounds of various tins and bulks. And my wife already gripes that I have more than I need.

Hermit":6z6tv8cv said:
Carlos":6z6tv8cv said:
Mine isn't even organized. It's stacked on shelves and in random piles.
Well, that's just shameful! :x

Yeah, I know. I got another cabinet with shelves I have my eye one. But, you get so much, it's hard to keep track of.

Hermit":wnvm3h6m said:
Danish_Pipe_Guy":wnvm3h6m said:
That's all?!?

I'm actually pretty happy with my 740 tins/jars! To put this in some sort of perspective though I've only been cellaring tobacco since around 2004. :cheers:

Danish_Pipe_Guy":s4rtumse said:
Hermit":s4rtumse said:
Danish_Pipe_Guy":s4rtumse said:
That's all?!?

I'm actually pretty happy with my 740 tins/jars! To put this in some sort of perspective though I've only been cellaring tobacco since around 2004. :cheers:
Well, there's also your incredible collection of pipes, books and tobacciana.

I started last April at 55, a few weeks before joining BoB.
I gotta lotta lost time to make up for. :)

I'm a light smoker and happy with my 54lbs for now. Should last me quite a while.

Here is my cellar consist of 698 tins and jars mostly tins and one of favorites. 94lbs

Nate,

Good show, man. You seem to be comfortably stocked. I really do like seeing photos of individual cellars, so keep them coming gentlemen!

We are, actually, all over the board here in terms of amount cellared and the numbers posted do not lend themselves to any meaningful statistical average, but collectively it seems we all have a good deal to dip into for years and years to come.

By the way, you have a goldmine there in the Dunhill tins - you could easily turn them around for a substantial profit which could be reinvested 5-fold in acquiring newer stuff (but, of course, then you would lose the pleasure of being able to dip into blends which are not only aged, but no longer available outside of your closet and those of a few lucky others!).

Nice cellars - I need to stock up since I only have a few dozen tins

Kapnismologist":jdmeutwk said:
By the way, you have a goldmine there in the Dunhill tins - you could easily turn them around for a substantial profit which could be reinvested 5-fold in acquiring newer stuff (but, of course, then you would lose the pleasure of being able to dip into blends which are not only aged, but no longer available outside of your closet and those of a few lucky others!).
I've been considering trading/selling some of my
965 and Nightcap if those silly ebay prices hold up.
I'm not smoking much Latakia these days anyway.

Hermit":bpkqbtxi said:
Kapnismologist":bpkqbtxi said:
I've been considering trading/selling some of my
965 and Nightcap if those silly ebay prices hold up.
I'm not smoking much Latakia these days anyway.
Silly or not, here are the averages at the moment for the two in various forms:

Dunhill My Mixture 965 100g. tin Dunhill (warrant + tails) $167.75
Dunhill My Mixture 965 50g. tin Dunhill (tails) $60.50
Dunhill My Mixture 965 50g. tin Murray's $39.26
Dunhill My Mixture 965 50g. tin Orlik - Lane (Painted) $18.49
Dunhill My Mixture 965 50g. tin Orlik - Lane $23.74
Dunhill Nightcap 50g. tin Murray's $41.29
Dunhill Nightcap 50g. tin Orlik - Lane $24.46

Not to plug, by S. Fallon can probably get you better prices for what you have on his 'consignment page' if you do not want to hassle with eBay, which can draw close to his 25% 'commission fee' all told in any case.

Somewhere around 400 pounds. Mostly Schurch Blends and proper English, for bulks, but have a little of most Latakias. Over a thousand tins, Dunhills, Exotique, Balkan Sobranie, Raven's Wing, mostly latakias, Dunhill light navy flake for my virginia fix.

midstream":tqaotpdy said:
Somewhere around 400 pounds. Mostly Schurch Blends and proper English, for bulks, but have a little of most Latakias. Over a thousand tins, Dunhills, Exotique, Balkan Sobranie, Raven's Wing, mostly latakias, Dunhill light navy flake for my virginia fix.

400 pounds, eh? :shock:
You win! :cheers:

I know people with a lot more! Mine is really rather humble. I dropped 20 grand before the great Syrian fiasco to stock up on everything, luckily the prices were rather low back then. I continued to stock up gradually after that.