How much do you smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmess

Reaction score
How long does a 50g tins last in your house?

At my current smoke rate a 50g tin will last about 10-14 days in my house.

Bill

Like many questions with variables... for me, it all depends.

* Time of year

* Money in wallet

* Business of work

* Amount of travel

* Whether or not I like what's in the tin... :lol:

I'd say that's about right, if you have at least two pipes a day, that's why if you find a blend you really like you buy it in BULK and get it under glass(mason jars). Peace-Mike :tongue:

Since I like to ring the changes I rarely am in the mood to return day after day to the same pipeweed. So for me, if I open a tin it may be months before I finish it.

That said, I just went through a tin of McCranies Red Ribbon in a few weeks. Had it as the last bowl of the evening most nights. I'll wait a while to open another as I kind of get burnt out on anything if I have it too often.

Cheers,

RR

Like Kyle said, it all depends on many different factors. I smoke fewer cigars in the winter so I smoke the pipe a bit more. As far as gauging how long it takes to finish one 50g tin, well that takes an awful long time, because I keep buying and opening new tins before finishing the old. If I smoked one tin from start to finish it would last me roughly three weeks.

It depends. Is there an echo in here?

My smoking rate varies pretty widely. In January of this year, a 50 gram tin might last me a week. Right now, a 50 gram tin would last me about 2 months. No longer being able to smoke indoors really effects my rate. I'm not a huge fan of sitting in the cold and smoking. My current room mate is pretty passionate about not smoking indoors, so I may go through a bit of a dry spell this winter. Thank goodness I live near a good smoke shop!

Three bowls a day here. If I go to a Morley's meeting or a pipe show, I sample voraciously, so that would run to 7-9 bowls.

hp
les

Average this year so far is 1.61755 lbs. per month. Average last year was 1.72733 lbs. per month. Average the year before was 1.64491 lbs. per month. Typically have at least a dozen jars and tins open at any one time (not counting the ever rotating jars of staples such as C&D Night Train, which do not count).

On average I smoke about 2-3 bowls daily. I have days with no smoking. And I have days--like today--with 5-6 bowls

Pipe club meetings and shows etc. tend to push me towards 8 bowls a day :)

Because I'm normally smoking outside due to my wife's COPD, I usually smoke 1-3 bowls a day. That's down a bunch from the old days when she was a smoker, too. Back then it was more like 6-10.

Smokey

Approx 1 lb. per month me. That'll be spread out between any number of tins, open jars, and baggies.

I have never had the patience to count how many bowls per day. I just get busy and can't remember. A lot of bowls are DGT'd so that makes it even harder to keep track. Long story short, I probably smoke more than I should, lol.

Kapnismologist":tqpyr8vh said:
Average this year so far is 1.61755 lbs. per month. Average last year was 1.72733 lbs. per month. Average the year before was 1.64491 lbs. per month. Typically have at least a dozen jars and tins open at any one time (not counting the ever rotating jars of staples such as C&D Night Train, which do not count).
Wait. I can't tell if you're kidding about the exact averages here. I laughed at first but... now I'm not sure. Impressive feat of book keeping if those are real numbers. :cheers:

a tin for me would last about 12 days to a month depending on how much i like the blend and how often i smoke.

Probably 1.5 pounds per month. I count nine open containers within reach of my desk. I just opened my birthday gift...McC Backwoods. I'll finish it up in about three days or so.