Quantcast

How-to notes for the new software.

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First thing all want to know. How to get rid of the ads you'll see.

If you are logged in - go to the upper right side of the forums and click on your name to see the User Control Panel. You are looking for preferences.
1602724229683.png

Once you click on Preferences you will go down about 1/3 of the page and see disable advertising and opting out of seeing the right side bar.
Make your choices and remember to SAVE or it will not take.

1602724320109.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to make a new post:

Look at the main index of forums and choose the one that best fits your topic. Click on that title. It will open and at the top you will see a rectangle that has a place for a thread topic and you will see a button on the right Post Thread. Chose either of those to start your new posts.
If you choose the Post Thread, it will open a Title rectangle and below it a larger message box. If you start filling in the title rectangle the message box will open under it. When done click on the Post thread button on the right side.

1602724478048.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to reply with a quote. Just use the reply word and click on that. It will open your reply box with the post you are replying to quoted at the top.

1602725907022.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can manage your privacy, account details via the User Control Panel. You just need to click on your member name in the upper right corner of this page.

1602736504490.png

You will be able to update your email in the Account Details. The Password and Security is where you can change those. The most useful one may be Preferences. Please check that out and set to your preference.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are reactions? (above you will see reactions received on User Control Panel).

Look at the bottom right side for Like. Hold down on that a little longer than just clicking on it for Like, and you will get the reactions.

1602736736363.png

1602736807440.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Private Messages - this software calls them Conversations.

1602736990952.png

The small envelope is the private message/conversation indicator. There will be a small number there if you have unread conversations. Click on that and a drop down will show you the unread conversations and then below that you may see some read conversations. You can click on each of the unread conversations one at a time to read them.

When you open a conversation you will see who from and a title and message. Here are the controls you'll see when looking at an opened Conversation.

1602737132764.png

The edit will allow you a short time to edit your conversations. The Star is a marker similar to a marker in Gmail to let you show it's important and so you can search for star conversations if you need to do so. Mark Unread allows you to have it resort to appearing unread and leaving a number indicator beside the envelope. And Leave. Leave is similar to delete, as there is no delete message in this software. If you Leave a message you can mark it where someone can answer and you will see it again, or block a reply where you will not see it again. This will take it out of your list of conversations.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adding an image to a post. Maximum file size is 10240KB. Maximum number of images per post: 10

When making a post, look to the bottom left for the Attach Files button.

1602737366023.png

Click on that and it will take you to your storage place on your phone/tablet/laptop/deskside.

Once you upload you will see this type of file.

1602737489495.png
Have your cursor where you want the image.

I am now going to click on the Insert on the left side top of photo.

Choose thumbnail or full size. I recommend full size.

1602737551583.png

You also have a trash icon on the right if you decide you do not like this image.

And this is full size.
Decent tree around big springs lagoon  4-4-16.jpg

YOU CAN ALSO DO A RIGHT CLICK COPY AND THEN PASTE INTO A POST.

I did a right click copy image, and then right click paste here.

1602737777604.png

Blackhorse

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
OK...that works. How about all the “stickied’ posts that used to be “above” the list of current posts? Many of thos contain important information we don’t want to lose.

And what about the signature “badges” a number of members had worked to show with their posts? Those were very important to many members.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll ask about the signature badges, technical guys have to check that out from the transfer of information.

I will need help getting the sticky posts back in place at the top of each forum. They will not be in a separate section as they were on the other software.

Blackhorse

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they were in a separate section. At least they looked like they just preceded the current posts as part of their body in whatever section they had been either posted to or adjusted to be sticky at some point after being posted.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I may need help finding and resticking them.

Stick

Reaction score
How do you delete one of your own posts, Angie? I replied to a thread, not realising I'd already do so.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
How do you delete one of your own posts, Angie? I replied to a thread, not realising I'd already do so.

Go to the post in question. I do not know if you can see it. But on the lower left side of your post, do you see a checkbox and options? Maybe one of those is Delete. If so, then you have permissions I would think to check the box and click delete. If not, then a Mod may have to do it for you.

Obviously, I need to create a regular user for myself and check some of this stuff out. Haven't had time. I will have plenty of free time in a couple days. Just not today or tomorrow. 🙃

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members cannot delete their own post or threads. If you need one deleted report it, using the report at bottom of post. It will go where all mods can see it and first available will be able to delete it for you.