How to put this...?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a stuffy nose after doing snuff? I remember that in my introductory/questioning topic on the snuff box that Hufflepuff said that a Netipot is useful.

So do you get a stuffy nose rarely?
Sometimes?
Everytime?

Does it clear up fairly quickly if you do. Sorry again for all the questions! I'm just curious and I fear that it's probably my technique that has me a little messed up LOL.

Generally with non-mentholated I do. Maybe even with some mentholated; I think some brands are worse than others, though why this would be true is beyond me. Maybe the grind? It's probably some sort of rebound effect, your body telling you this ain't "normal." Just plain dust can do it, too--as someone who has driven dirt roads a lot can attest.

It clears up fairly quickly, but I don't have any particular sinus or other problems "up there," so as usual, YMMV.

I pretty much always have a stuffy nose. On top of the deviated septum I have a list of allergens two pages long. Mentholated snuffs tend to cause rebound stuffiness in quite a few people. So I wouldn't be too concerned about being stuffy after snuffing.

A simple saline nasal spray like Ocean water from the pharmacy can be a big help. I know a netti pot can be rather intimidating so a little spray might get used more .

Jim