How to Win Customers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I ordered an “On Sale” pen from the Birmingham Pen Company...a Nemosine Singularity - Blue Marble Acrylic - $15.

Check out the following copied text from their emailed invoice...can you find the special thing about it?

——————-

Shipped Items

Nemosine Singularity Blue Marble Fountain Pen
Medium German Nib
× 1

Shipping Method
USPS
First Class Mail

Shipped Items
1/1
Order Notes

* Add Singularity Coral, Medium *

—————-

Story - I ordered the ‘blue’ pen, regular price was $25, sale price was $15. Shipping was $5. After a while I got to thinking and emailed the store asking if they could add the ‘coral’ pen to the thing. That was Saturday night. Mid day Monday I get an email from the owner saying...since this was my first order with them they were just going to add the other pen to the order...gratis! What? So I’m officially amazed.

https://www.birminghampens.com/collections/closeout

Check out the pens. A nice low cost item with a JoWo German nib (a good one). Check out the Diamine ink at the bottom. $5 for 60ml! The Imperial Blue and Purple ones are STELLAR. I already had one of each so I held off on those.

I really like the look of the blue one a lot. Haven’t heard of those inks before but I just might have to get some quick to check them out.

Of what’s left, the ink to get is the Alpha Centauri.  They are not making any of the inks or the pens any longer so what’s out there is it.

Find the blue pen at Jet Pens or Nemocine...the ink too.