How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We left the RV spot in Wyoming since the nights were in the 20 degree range and snow had started to fall in the mountains in mid September.

Current place is in NW Arizona with temps in the 100 + range and 70's at night. The weekend forecast is for below 100. :cheers:

A week ago at this time the greater Phoenix area had a sharp downturn in temps. It only got to the upper 60's for few days with nights in the lower 50's. I actually had to turn on the central heating!

It's been mostly back to seasonal norms lately with temps around 90/70. I don't need the AC or the heat on for this and would prefer this to be year 'round!

:)

Cheers,

RR

A week ago the Heartland was blasted by an unbelievable ice storm!! Tree limbs down, trees split in two, trees and shrubs toppled over from so much ice. Leaves were still on the trees making it much worse. Still have over 175, 000 people without electrical power, internet, and/or Wi-Fi!! We were so fortunate to keep all power, internet, heat, etc!! Been running a small B&B operation for folks needing a warm bed, meal, adult beverages, TV, and hot shower/s!! Darn near a week long slumber party!! Temps turned warm (naturally) two days later, allowing for the chain saw gangs to start cutting/trimming/and stacking wood/limbs for city to pick up! Which won't start for another three weeks while the city works out contracts for limb pickup and disposal. One of my side yards has a wall of wood waiting for the trucks, as do most all of my neighbors. Every tree in my yard received damage. Fortunately was able to get it all cleaned/cut up last week. Gonna' take at least two years for some to recover. What a mess!!

A week ago the Heartland was blasted by an unbelievable ice storm!! Tree limbs down, trees split in two, trees and shrubs toppled over from so much ice. Leaves were still on the trees making it much worse. Still have over 175, 000 people without electrical power, internet, and/or Wi-Fi!! We were so fortunate to keep all power, internet, heat, etc!! Been running a small B&B operation for folks needing a warm bed, meal, adult beverages, TV, and hot shower/s!! Darn near a week long slumber party!! Temps turned warm (naturally) two days later, allowing for the chain saw gangs to start cutting/trimming/and stacking wood/limbs for city to pick up! Which won't start for another three weeks while the city works out contracts for limb pickup and disposal. One of my side yards has a wall of wood waiting for the trucks, as do most all of my neighbors. Every tree in my yard received damage. Fortunately was able to get it all cleaned/cut up last week. Gonna' take at least two years for some to recover. What a mess!!
I’m fortunate to live north of the ice storms, at least most of them. We get snow when you get the ice. Occasionally that turns out to be a bad thing. A couple of years ago we got two nights of crazy wet snow late in April. Many trees were leafed out and were nearly destroyed by the exceptionally heavy snow. Usually the snow is better than the ice.

This morning it was a crisp 45, in the afternoon it got up to high 70s.

strange. But it was nice for a commute home.

The Bullhead City area got a light rain last night and that helped keep the dust down. Low 60's scheduled for today and sunny.

Looks like we’ve settled into a typical Oregon Willamette Valley winter pattern...low 40’s at night...low 50’s during the day...light to moderate intermittent rain showers.

Note: Our weather generally rolls in off the Pacific Ocean heading East, obviously wet at at sea level, then goes over the Coast Range (mean elevation 1500’ up to 3000’). Then it drops into the valley (150’ - 500’). Then it’s up and over the Cascade Range (2000’ up to 10,000’) and off eastward across the high plains of the Eastern Oregon high dessert (mean = 4000’). So it’s wet air off the ocean that goes over two mountain ranges, losing moisture both times, and ends up being very dry over the Eastern state. It’s one of those...fasten your seat belts it’s going to be a bumpy ride kinda things.

Of course we can move into situations where we get those massively cold air masses out of the North generally in the Winter...or an offshore flow where hot dry air flows from the interior toward the West...generally in the Summer and Fall. It’s a wild and crazy thing.

A wonderful fall day on the high plains, 29 degrees this morning, 66 at noon. Clear blue sky and only a hint of a breeze.

Finally got back into the 90's today as we had a downturn earlier with temps only in the upper 60's. Right now at 4PM it's wall to wall sunshine and 92 here in the west valley. I'm a happy camper!

:love:

Cheers,

RR

I officiated a funeral at the graveside this morning. Absolutely beautiful weather, mid 60’s with no wind, which is very unusual in these parts.

Surprisingly we had light showers here in the west valley this AM which were not in the forecast. But by about 9AM the sun came out and it's been wall to wall sunshine the rest of the day so far. Straight up 70 on my back patio right now. Good stuff Maynard!

(y)

Cheers,

RR

We’re expecting snow and freezing rain here starting tonight through Sunday night. We’ve been keeping a weather eye to catch it if it starts up so my wife can head home from work in the worst traffic possible (no - don’t ask). Predictions for snow here run about 20% accurate...so you never know til it actually hits. And to drive that point home my wife sends me the following in her most recent email...

FAB40300-43E5-42A2-9BE3-C9F04CA2EA56.jpeg

Damn cold here (20F); this is the high for a while!! This coming Monday forecast is 7F for a high and -8F at night!! Snow begins big time Sunday, running thru Wednesday!! Forecast is 12-14" which is astronomical for the OKC area. Laid in all needed supplies including a most important "adult beverage" run yesterday afternoon after my "jab!!" Plenty of beer, wine, whisky/ey and gin!!!! FTRPLT