How was your weather today?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

ftrplt

Reaction score
Mighty warm and humid here in the Heartland!!! High 90's to low triple digits! Gotta' do my puffin' either early in the morning or later in afternoon/evening!! FTRPLT

DWSmith

Reaction score
A thunder storm rolled through this morning and woke me up just after 4:00 so I got up. The dog didn't really want to go out in the rain. Had a flash of lightning almost immediately followed by a clap of thunder. A bit close! 3/4" of rain in the gauge. We can use it. 67°F now at 6:57 with more rain on the way.

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Got pretty wild here yesterday afternoon when a front moved in - temp dropped from 110 to 90 and high winds I estimate to be 30 mph sustained with gusts to 50. I got pretty good at estimating wind speeds from all my years living in WA state. There they could easily be double that! Fortunately here services are underground and there are no trees to fall on my house. Had some lightning at sunup to the north of me but no rain yet.

Cheers,

RR

Last edited:

ftrplt

Reaction score
102F here right now; heading for 104F!! Crazy thing is...tomorrow's high is a forecast 83F!!!! Better go find my wool sweater/s!! FTRPLT

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
And now, for something completely different - RAIN!

Was awakened in the middle of last night to the sounds of rain pattering on my roof. Started off with gentle rain and then increased to heavy before tapering off into showers. Some thunder boomers off in the distance. It was all done by the time I got up but it was humid as all get out. First rain we've had in months and months.

Cheers,

RR