How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture postcard beautiful day here in the Pac NW. Sunny skies, temps in the mid 70's, gentle breeze, low humidity. Nights in the mid-upper 50's, perfect sleeping weather. What's not to like?

Most Memorial Day weekends here are cold and rainy. This is a breath of fresh air and greatly appreciated.

Have the windows open in order to appreciate it all the more!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Mid 80's, partly cloudy but a great day overall at the pool looking at bikinis.

Hot. Going to break the record for temps today. Did my thing early this morning, prepped for inside crafts during the day. This evening will be the second half of chores. Siesta baby! :cheers:

Hot, humid, with occasional showers & thunderstorms -- i.e. weather as usual in New Orleans

"T" on 'vacation'

Absolutely bluebird here in Blighty - not a cloud in the sky and temps high too. This is most unlike a traditional bank holiday Monday!

Arrived in Snowdonia, Wales, on Saturday to spend a few days with the 'outlaws'. My bed is at the front of the house overlooking the sea which is approximately 4 miles away. The windowsills are low so I can lay on my side and look out to sea and on Saturday night I was treated to a lightning display far out to sea; no thunder, no sounds, just huge sky filling flashes. Wonderful!

Just watched subtropical storm Alberto miss us as it came ashore near Destin Fl. Rain and lots of wind but no hurricane this time. I thank the Lord for it missing us and not scaring our little female dog MissElli and keeping us "out of the loop" this time.

Walt

Well coming home today I got a picture of a very rare sight in this area, a full blown tornado! From what I could see of where it was there should be little damage. There really isn't much out past the part of town I was in. Really don't miss these things. The funnel cloud is just to the right of the small tree in the pic. Also visible is a nice debris cloud around the funnel.

Jim

72 degrees and sunny. Promises to be a wonderful sunny day here in Floriduh. Enjoying some Butternut Burley in a GBD Canadian Virgin that I got from a good friend.

Walt

They still haven't put an F rating on the tornado here the other day but it was from all reports the tornado of the decade. The damage done? It knocked over a garage onto a pickup truck. That's all no loss of life or real damage to housing thank goodness.

Jim

huffelpuff":hzga2cjz said:
They still haven't put an F rating on the tornado here the other day but it was from all reports the tornado of the decade. The damage done? It knocked over a garage onto a pickup truck. That's all no loss of life or real damage to housing thank goodness.

Jim
That's incredible Jim. It sure looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Thank goodness it didn't cost any lives. Scary stuff indeed!  :shock:

Cheers,

RR

Blue Bird!  Absolutely Blue Bird!

Blighty is now in it's second week of uninterrupted blue skies and unrelenting uncommonly high temps of 25 - 30+ degs C (Rande, you'd love this!).  It's officially being called a heatwave with Northern Ireland already having a hosepipe ban imposed. Large fires breaking out on moorlands too.  Apart from my much loved and cared for lawn taking a real hammering, I'm loving this! Shorts, flip flops and sunnies! The last time we really experienced weather like this was in '76 so we are a little overdue.  This is what summers should be like, right?  I think my daughter would agree...

Another 100+ degree (f) day in store for us today. Hot, dry and sunny, that's Texas ! :twisted:

Record cold April, right into record breaking heat in May and June. More heat for July so far. Not as humid today, so it doesn't feel like triple digits...... :cheers:

Well, it's not over yet, but as of this writing it's all ready 105°F, predicted to hit 114°F. It will easily make it. Temps hit the daily high about 3 hours from now, and it's been climbing steadily...up 37° since 7:00 a.m.

Not to worry though; the forecast sez it's going to cool way down to 102°F tomorrow, then chill right down into the 90s for the next week.

newjok10.png

Pretty pleasant here in the Pac NW. Sunny daytime temps in the mid-70's and cools off to the upper 60's at night. Good sleeping weather.

And of course in a month or so I'll be a "zoni" once again and can look forward to 110+ days and 80's nights. Call me crazy but I love that!!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":4unar2db said:
...And of course in a month or so I'll be a "zoni" once again and can look forward to 110+ days and 80's nights. Call me crazy but I love that!!

RR
You're crazy, RR. :mrgreen:

newjok10.png

p.s. It's a nice thang to be in good company.