How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":mnpr8s5u said:
Cerfer":mnpr8s5u said:
7" of snow expected today. Far cry from the forecast of 1"-3". I'd like to be eased into this nonsense, not surprised into it.

7° in a couple of days. This entire season has caught me off guard.
Sorry to hear that Dutton. Snow is a 4-letter word to me and I never ever want to have anything to do with it again as long as I live!

Here in bee-u-ti-ful southern Arid-Zona we have picture postcard perfect temps of mid 80's and wall-to-wall sunshine. Happy as a clam.

:D

Cheers,

RR
Nice. My daughter moved to Phoenix in July. Her housewarming guest was a scorpion, but things have gotten better.

Because it was Veteran's Day, the city didn't do anything about the roads. It's going to be an ice rink the morning until they put down some &#$*&^$-ing salt. I have a new dog (7 mo. old golden retriever), and she just loves the snow. It almost makes me remember that it can be fun.

Yesterday we had some very heavy rains with totals around 3" in some parts of the greater Phoenix area. Much flooding of roadways and underpasses due to the sewer system not being able to handle the sudden flow. The problem is that when it rains it can often be very heavy for some periods of time, and cars will try and cross the flooding with low clearance to the ground and then get stuck! Fortunately my SUV has high clearance.

I did have to go out in it, once in the morning and then to a band gig. It was slow going and one had to be very careful when driving through the flooded areas. I was hoping the band gig might be called off but it wasn't. Coming back home in the dark on flooded streets was a little stressful but I managed.

At no time did the flooding on the streets come anywhere close to flooding my house or anyone else's at least where I live. Flooding of houses are not common here, unlike where I lived previously in WA state.

This storm system is forecast to bring more rain today through tomorrow but not as heavy. It's part of a large system that came up over the Baja in Mexico dragging a lot of moisture with it. In fact it's the first rainfall we've had in almost 2 months.

This storm has also brought significant snowfall to the higher elevations in AZ like Sedona, Flagstaff, and the Grand Canyon. The morning weather on the TV news had coverage of the snowfall right in downtown Flagstaff where I visited a few months ago. Glad I'm not there now!

Cheers,

RR

It's supposed to be warmer today, high in the upper 50's and cloudy. Hope it will be a good day to walk the dog and smoke a pipe. Tomorrow it's going to get cold and with rain again. Man, the weather never stays the same for very long here in the Ozarks. Although, the weekend is looking better.

Cruised from Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City today. Nice weather in the 60"s. A few days with no rain would be nice.

Cold and windy. About 27 degrees. A bit of freezing rain, no snow yet. It's a good day to sit in front of the wood-burning stove while watching football, smoking my pipe and drinking coffee!

Freezing most of the day. The forest is glistening like a crystal encrusted painting from yesterday's freezing rain.

Gonna be a bit rainy here in the greater Phoenix area. No sunny skies for several day but rainfalls are not forecast to be terribly significant. Highs around 60 and lows around 40. The high country around Flagstaff will see snow. They can have it!

Cheers,

RR

Overcast and -2C. Freezing rain expected warning on for later today and tomorrow. It's been a mild winter so far with little snow. Totally opposite from last year and somewhat unusual for here.

Warm in the 60's.  Cloudy, no wind. Beautiful day to sit on the patio and smoke a pipe.  Unfortunately, tomorrow will be 30 degrees colder with the possibility of snow!  The birds are very busy at the feeders today, a sign of bad weather to come.  Well, if the weather does get bad, I am stocked up on my favorite staples, beer, bourbon, frozen pizzas, cookies, Halos, popcorn, pipe tobacco, and plenty of firewood close at hand just in case!

Balmy and overcast here in OKC with a high of 69F until about 45 minutes ago!! Temps have dropped 10F, cold front moving in bringing temps in the 30s :x :x Possibility of 1-3" of white stuff tomorrow! All supplied up for a "tucked in" Saturday!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Decent weather in the mid to upper 60's day time temps and 40ish at night here in Goodyear, AZ. Getting ready to move towards New Mexico and then Texas in the coming months. Hoping to chase those temps as we travel.

Corncobcon":x6w2wna2 said:
Man, that changed quickly.  Now raining with thunderstorms and the temps are dropping rapidly. In a flood watch and tornado watch!
Yup, last night was a real turd floater!. Shields held, so no destruction here, though others weren't as fortunate. Now that everything is soaked, the temps continue to fall throughout the day and then snow is forecast.