How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Stick!!! I visited Shrewsbury several years ago with my/our family from Chester!! Cathedral and all plus a few pubs here and there!! Be safe my friend!! FTRPLT

ftrplt":602wky8s said:
Damn Stick!!! I visited Shrewsbury several years ago with my/our family from Chester!! Cathedral and all plus a few pubs here and there!! Be safe my friend!! FTRPLT
Thanks old bean. Perhaps the biggest tragedy... most of the pubs’ cellars are under water, so no beer.

Shrewsbury has essentially closed for business. The town is located in a big looping meander of the Severn so its pretty much cut off as both the main bridges are closed.

Interesting times, and, joking aside, tragic for the homes and businesses that have been wrecked.

Ozark Wizard":gw7hknbg said:
Stick":gw7hknbg said:
Rather wet. The traffic lights are my usual drive to work:

https://youtu.be/NWqT8YOB5hQ
Looks a bit damp sir! Perhaps a kayak for commute?
Would love to! There have been several shots of kayaks and canoes going through the streets. Certainly one for the album.

Oddly enough, I have kayaked to work in the past. I lived on the coast in Wales and the outdoor centre I worked at was a few miles away and also on the coast. When the weather wasn’t too hairy I’d occasionally paddle my sea kayak to work. Good memories!

Two days ago, 80F here with bright sunny skies!! Got in five or six bowls :D :D . Then yesterday, the cold front moved in...back to cold temps, rain, thunder & lightning for the next several days. Oh well :cheers: FTRPLT

Great Spring weather here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  It was clear and sunny with a high in the low 60’s F.  Plus the relative humidity was quite low...so unfortunately the grass dried well enough to demand the second mowing of the season.  I do not like mowing.  But the front and back forty need it or critters get stuck in there and I have to wade out with a capture net to get ‘em out.  Venomous bastiges try to either take my arm off or nip my legs.  Ungrateful morons.  Thank God I went over to a super powerful lithium ion electric mower a couple seasons back.  Strong and very powerful but nice and light.  Makes mowing ten times easier that those clunky gas guzzlers I used to use.  The wife promised she’d do the front so I wouldn’t destroy my back stumbling around out there...but at 2p.m. she was still in her ‘corona virus inspired shelter in place pajamas’ so I went ahead and took care of it.  Lucky I did.  The mower scared up a couple of feral dogs and a little Dik Dik escaped from the local zoo.  And the snakes!  Do they NEVER leave you alone?  It was like Jumanji out there.  Wow.  Did I mention that weed is legal here?  

:drunken:  

Well, whatever.  Yeah...nice day.

Very pleasantly sunny here in Arid-Zona. Days in the mid-70s and nights in the upper 50's. Perfect for outside walking now that the gym at my rec center is closed.

Cheers,

RR

Pouring rain most of the day. Sun finally came out and it's quite pretty right now but very chilly.

80's the last two days. Turned chilly again today; reports show snow possibilities early next week :suspect: :suspect: WTF!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Here in the little town of Colfax, Indiana, it is 50 degrees (which is fine). Rain all around us but still dry here. We'll see what develops.

Rain, rain and more rain! Moat is full, and as it's too cold for the gaters, I released the sharks. It was such a beautiful weekend.