How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came in from the deck. It's 60 and a little breezy, here. Going to warm up a bit later in the week.

A few days ago it was well into the mid 100's but is now in the mid-low 90's which is more seasonal. Fortunately nights are in the low 70's.

Me, the hotter it gets the more I like it!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Sunny and around 98 here this afternoon but cools down to the low 70's at night. That will change in another month or so as we creep into the 110/80 range for the rest of summer.

But ya know what, the hotter it gets the more I like it! If I was still living in WA state I'd have the central heating on and be wearing long johns, sweatpants, and a sweatshirt. And this was in my house with the thermostat set to 70! No I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

Cheers,

RR

Had a cold front come through last night with gusty winds accompanying the start of it. Blew pretty good late yesterday afternoon/early eve but nowhere near enough to be a concern for damage. In any case the utilities here are mostly underground and there aren't tall trees to come down on power lines or houses, unlike the Pac NW where I moved from. And in any case we don't get the damaging windstorms like I did back there.

So today started off at a chilly 52 and gradually got to about 82. Clear skies with plenty of sun so that was pleasant. Haven't run the AC all day.

This weekend we'll be back to seasonal temps and it'll get to the low 100's Memorial Day.

Cheers,

RR

Enjoying mild WX with mid-70's temps & light winds here in the Heartland :D We've had good rains (13+") with more on the way. Vegetables are growing well; will have first tomatoes in June :D :D
Been great smoking WX! Hitting the Burley's (McB's Golden Blend/ABF/CH & PA) in the morning's. Light aros (Mayor's Choc Flake & Bob's Choc. Flake), Ginnyweed's (FVF, Peretti's Cambridge Flake), and Latweeds (Peretti's Tashkent and Royal, BS-005, B.S.O.S.M, and Margate) in the afternoon and evening. Slip in a bowl of Arango Balkan Supreme also!! No hot WX/temps in the forecast for us either!! I'll take it while it lasts!! :cheers: FTRPLT

80 degrees this afternoon. Currently experiencing a high plains thunderstorm with heavy wind, rain, and pea sized+ hail. Hopefully the hail will be short lived as our farmers really don't need that right now. The rain is welcome however. Springtime in Kansas.

Cold with intermittent rain or snow until next week. I may have to :shock: ditch the shorts for pants.

Nice!  4” of snow is expected...in the Hwy 26 pass (4100’).  So 2000’ uphill from there at Timberline Lodge (6000’) it’s surely gonna snow.  

Up for a swim in a snow decked pool?

As a member of the Polar Bear Club I'm down for a dip in ice water any day!

Jim

We had a cold front come through the Phoenix area yesterday and it dropped the temps to around 90 from the mid 100's of last week. Nice and cool at night with the mid-70's. Still sunny though. Very pleasant to sit outside on my back patio with a book. We'll be back around 110 later this week.

Cheers,

RR

Hot and humid... standard day here in KS by the Missouri river. I hate it... grew up in it outside St. Louis (where the Mississippi and Missouri rivers meet), figured I'd get used to it.
Nope.