How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going down to the Oregon coast for our annual beach vacation.  Newport, Oregon...Moolack Beach.  It’s gonna be upper 60’s and sunny to partly cloudy during the day and low 50’s at night.  That’s actually just about perfect.

Check out Moolack Shores Inn online...six miles of unpopulated beach...heaven on earth.

https://www.moolackshores.com/

Each room is a “theme” room.  We’re in the Lighthouse Suite...

REALLY! Must be nice!

I'm here in Fricken Fruitvale, TX. in the Box Car suite enjoying little to nothing.............wish you were here my friend.

That looks wonderful. I'm more of a mountain guy myself, probably due to living in Kansas, it's a long ways to the beach. With limited beach experience, I always think of it more idealized than it turns out. I forget about the ability of sand to find its way to places you don't want sand and the first mouthful of salt water always takes me by surprise. However, it is something to aspire to!

kxg":myrdk1jh said:
That looks wonderful.  I'm more of a mountain guy myself, probably due to living in Kansas, it's a long ways to the beach. With limited beach experience, I always think of it more idealized than it turns out.  I forget about the ability of sand to find its way to places you don't want sand and the first mouthful of salt water always takes me by surprise.  However, it is something to aspire to!
Yeah, when I was younger I hated the beach just for those reasons, the sand gets in EVERYTHING!
Nice to look at but, I don't go any further.
Good seeing you here Kelly, I thought this place was a well kept secret as of late. ;)

It's another rainy day here in Carolina..We've had a lot of them this summer.

It actually got down under 100 yesterday and today as a storm front passed and brought some much needed rain! However this also brought higher humidity. Will enjoy this respite again tomorrow before heading back up again later this week.

Cheers,

RR

Mid 70's today. The other day the high was around 55 and snow in the Bridger \ Teton mountain peaks.

Sunny and warm here in Carolina today 92F...It's supposed to start cooling down some by the week end.

Currently it's 82. Going up to 85, later. Humidity is not real bad at 62. "feels like" is 85, I can live with that. May go out on the porch for a coffee and a pipe, in a shady spot.

Back over 100 here in sunny Arid-zona and will climb over the Labor Day weekend. Not predicted to get under 100 again until mid-next week. That's life in the desert!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

1:00 in the afternoon and it's 65 and raining. Not a hard rain, just rain. I'm heading out to the garage to sit with a pipe and coffee.

Big swing in the temps here in Arid-zona. Only got to the mid-80's today and the early morning temps were in the low-mid 60's! What a contrast to the 110+ conditions of a day or so ago.

All due to that low pressure system that moved down from Canada and brought snow to Denver. Actually not that unusual for the mile high city.

In any case it's a welcome relief here but it'll be ramping up to the mid 100's in a few days.

Cheers,

RR

Statewide and local wildfires taking over the state.  Huge disaster.  Standing by to know if we’re going to have to evacuate.  Looking north it’s an average afternoon...to the south is a WALL of thick red orange smoke...very disturbing.  Literally it looks like Mars.

Pray for us.

Blackhorse":cu6m1zur said:
Statewide and local wildfires taking over the state.  Huge disaster.  Standing by to know if we’re going to have to evacuate.  Looking north it’s an average afternoon...to the south is a WALL of think red orange smoke...very disturbing.  Literally it looks like Mars.

Pray for us.
Holy Moley! Stay safe BH!

:shock:

No Cheers,

RR

Yesterday at 3 pm it was 90F, clear blue skies, and light breezes out of the south. By 5:30 pm, it was barely 60F, black skies, thunder and rain...cold, wet rain!! Front hit us from out of the NW (i.e., the Denver snow scenario!!). Rained all night, gonna' continue thru Friday. Nice, slow soaking rain! We are forecasted to wake up Saturday morning to an 80F day, this continuing for the next 8-9 days. Great pipe smoking weather :D :cheers: FTRPLT

Blackhorse...Be safe, my friend!! And your family!!