How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up to -6F this a.m!!!! May get to +7F by the afternoon. My neighborhood has roughly 6-8" of snow. No more snow today. Second wave hits Tuesday thru Wednesday adding another 6-8" of white stuff. Temps single digit until probably Thursday. Not above freezing until Friday or Saturday. FTRPLT

I have a big Oak Tree near my driveway. It's needed trimming for a while.
Branches were hanging low over the driveway. Today, the ice laden branches
were hangin' really low. I don't normally do yard work when it's 26 degrees,
but I took advantage of the branches coming down to me instead of using a
ladder to reach them. Had to make a path for the UPS guy; I'm expecting
a case of Buffalo Trace to be delivered today. :D

Wind chill of -2 degrees with blowing winds. Been snowing since about noon. Six to eight inches of snow on the ground with another six inches before midnight in Sullivan Indiana.

Woke up to -10F here in the Heartland! Third (and last!!) snow wave comes in this afternoon lasting thru tomorrow. Bringing at least another 6-8" of snow; storm track is coming right over OKC area. The local electric & natural gas companies are nearly maxed out; had a few rolling blackouts yesterday. Can't wait to see what happens in the next day or two. Temps are rising a bit!! 16F for a high today, 21F tomorrow followed by 25F on Thursday. Should be at 32F or maybe just above by Friday!!! Finally get above freezing over the weekend!! Our friends and family in Baja Oklahoma (Texas to most folks!!), are being hammered by this storm. Abilene, Tx lost all electrical power to its three water plants yesterday; no water for homes, hospitals, no water/no way!!!
What a mess!! FTRPLT

Woke up to -10F here in the Heartland! Third (and last!!) snow wave comes in this afternoon lasting thru tomorrow. Bringing at least another 6-8" of snow; storm track is coming right over OKC area. The local electric & natural gas companies are nearly maxed out; had a few rolling blackouts yesterday. Can't wait to see what happens in the next day or two. Temps are rising a bit!! 16F for a high today, 21F tomorrow followed by 25F on Thursday. Should be at 32F or maybe just above by Friday!!! Finally get above freezing over the weekend!! Our friends and family in Baja Oklahoma (Texas to most folks!!), are being hammered by this storm. Abilene, Tx lost all electrical power to its three water plants yesterday; no water for homes, hospitals, no water/no way!!!
What a mess!! FTRPLT

Yikes! Yes I saw some of the TV coverage about the storm this AM. Makes me feel guilty about enjoying sunshine and mid-70's here!

Cheers,

RR

Persistent snow storm off the lake. About to go out on the tractor for the third time today,,,still, fairing better than the people down in the southern states.

Feel really bad for you guys suffering below freezing temps. I knkw what it's like having lived in the midwest for many years. I would like to help but can't since God fired me from weather control because I was lousy at it.

Feel really bad for you guys suffering below freezing temps. I knkw what it's like having lived in the midwest for many years. I would like to help but can't since God fired me from weather control because I was lousy at it.

Arose to +10F this morning with another 4-8" of snow depending on where you live. Good news is the front has passed, snow is almost done! Now we just have to warm up!! We still have heat, gas, water (both!!), and electricity!!!! Temps may be at, or slightly above, freezing by Friday. The weekend temps get warmer; maybe by Monday the thawing will be intense!!
Meanwhile, our friends and family in Texas are having beaucoup problems. No power, burst water pipes, rolling blackouts, etc.!! FTRPLT

You should resubmit your application!
I don't know about that. He moved me over to the interpersonal relationships in govt. Dept. And I seem to be failing there as well. Think I'll ask to go back to animal control. I understand them better than humans.

Woke up to -6F this a.m!!!! May get to +7F by the afternoon. My neighborhood has roughly 6-8" of snow. No more snow today. Second wave hits Tuesday thru Wednesday adding another 6-8" of white stuff. Temps single digit until probably Thursday. Not above freezing until Friday or Saturday. FTRPLT
Wow, that sucks. Try to stay warm and safe.

The ice storm here could have been a lot worse -- some 3000+ outages reported in our little county but most were taken care of quickly; still misty and again below freezing, so slick driving tomorrow. Compared to what others have gone through with these storms, not too bad

Power back and XFinity internet back up. Whew! We were only without power for a couple of days. Internet was out for a week. I was able to use my iPhone as a hotspot and get a few things done. But it’s not the same. Anyway, we’re out of jeopardy and looking forward to Spring.

I went to a dental appointment yesterday...like driving through a WW3 battle zone...huge trees down all over...power poles snapped or torn out of the ground...like driving through ab obstacle course. So there was a woman there that had had no power for 8 days. The ice had weighed down the power line to her “century” farmhouse and torn the feed connection right off the structure. The power company restored the line a few days ago but would not reconnect power...her system was not up to code. So she froze to death. Kidding! She got a bid to have her stuff brought up to code...TWENTY GRAND! Ouch.