How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rained hard here in the west valley this morning. Some of the streets in my subdivision had several inches of water when I went for my workout. It's only 88 now mid afternoon but pretty humid. More rain predicted for the next several days with moderating temps.

Cheers,

RR

85°F, sunny, and still dry. Is it ever going to rain here again??? When it does rain in this general area the clouds divide before reaching us and it rains to the north and to the south.

Contrary to the popular belief that it always rains in England, that belief really isn't true, however this month totally dispels that opinion. Because we are in the middle of the driest spell since 1911. And the hottest since records began, over a 100yrs ago.

It was 5 years ago if I remember correctly that we were in the worst drought category on the map. Back in 1954 there were record highs set in St. Louis and hardly anyone had air conditioning. My parents were afraid I was going to die when temps hit 115°F. I still remember riding a commuter bus home from work when it was 110°F and the AC on the bus didn't work. And even when it worked it didn't work well.

Ahhh, the good old days!

Wow! Currently 78°F and sunny with a high of 85°F in the forecast. Beautiful!!!

I was outside at 5:00 am and it was just a bit chilly. Tuesday and Wednesday at that time of morning it was warm and muggy with the high being 99°F. Nice change this morning.

Last edited:
Had some serious thunder and lightning early this AM, with heavy rain for an hour or so. Some of the streets in my subdivision had like 4-5" water! Temps are pretty moderate right now at 77, but also quite humid.

Cheers,

RR

Yesterday morning had a wonderful 20-minute thunderstorm rain downpour followed by 2 hrs of heavy drizzle. Cool temps for a while. Since then, we are back to triple digits!! Not comfortable for enjoying a bowl out on the patio!!! FTRPLT

Hot and unusually humid here today, 94 and 70% humidity. Took Cochise out for a ride while wifey had her lesson. 20 minutes out and sweat running down my neck. Said to heck with this and headed back. Cochise agreed, lol.

Hot and unusually humid here today, 94 and 70% humidity. Took Cochise out for a ride while wifey had her lesson. 20 minutes out and sweat running down my neck. Said to heck with this and headed back. Cochise agreed, lol.
You have a wise horse.

Got to 89 today. Now down to 81. Even at the high it wasn't unbearable. Had a breeze.

Hot and humid. Horrible day to run the smoker. A couple of hours after getting back in the house I checked my phone but it was turned off. I turned it on and it had a message on the screen that said, "Phone shut off due to heat." When I turned on the meat thermometer the ambient temperature was 101°F. Now it's 90°F after 8:20 pm. I should have started running the smoker around 4:00 am.

At least I'll have some good meat for lunches this week.

BEAUTIFUL day today!!! 79°F with a mild breeze. Sunny with clouds scattered here-and-there. Way better than yesterday.

Currently 67°F with 89°F the expected high. Beautiful sunny morning with barely some puffs of clouds here-and-there. During the first outing for the dogs there was a coyote just to the SSE of us letting out a howl followed by a few yips. Took the dogs out for their second walk of the morning and the barn swallows were zipping around showing off with their fantastic acrobatics! I think it's going to be a really nice day today.