how'd i do?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any by that maker. But they have a good reputation. Without checking I would have thought it would sell for more. The important thing is that you are happy with the pipe, any pipe you have.

Honestly...It was a little high, but if you love the pipe you love the pipe.Personally I'm about through with buying pipes on e-bay. I've had a few dissapointments this year with things I've bought NOT being in the represented condition.There are several excellent estate pipes dealers online who frequently update their sites and consistently offer fair prices on their stuff. For the most part the pipes are somewhat reconditioned and usually not signifigantly higher priced than similar pipes selling on e-bay.Usually they offer some kind of a gurantee and your purchase can be exchanged if your're not satisfied with it,something not possible on e-bay.Of course this theory would go out the window if a key piece showed up there from someone I've had a good experience buying pipes from in the past. For now though there's just too many excellent pipes being offered elsewhere to bother with an "as is auction"....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

One things for sure.. Thats a huge pipe. Personally its to big for me but I could see where someone who liked bigger pipes would fall in love with it. I approach pipe purchases a little different than some I guess, theres 'average market price' and theres what I'm willing to pay,sometimes way higher,sometimes way lower.

I do agree with Dock on the 'bay, its days are over as far as I'm concerned. Back in the day flea markets were a true joy, they (like ebay) became somewhat ruined when people realized they could make a living buying/selling there. I know several guys whose only visable means is ebay, when the pro's come in the joes dont stand a chance.

Frank,

I would say that you got a pretty good deal on that pipe. Rinaldo Titania YYY's right now because of the bath that the dollar is taking from the Euro, those pipes in some outlets are retailing for $400+. If that pipe was at a show I can guarantee that it would have a price tag of at least $200 on it. The price could be negotiable at a show but I don't really think you would do as good or better than what you paid.

What a beauty! I think you did pretty well, though you did pay for it for sure. Just the same, Ive seen lesser pieces go for more than that.

Jay