Howdy from Florida

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hud

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and that this is a really great forum. Some of you may know me from over at SF or pipes.org but if not here's my bio in short form:

40 years old, 3 kids, 1 wonderful wife, 1 dog, been smoking a pipe for about 1 1/2 years, still have the occasional cigar too. Smoked cigs ( :evil: ) for 15 years before all that.

My faves are strong tobaccos for the most part, especially lakelands.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Hud.

Hud, Welcome to the forum. You'll have a lot of fun!! :cyclops: :sunny: :affraid:

Hello and welcome Hud! Is that a recent pic of you and your dog? It looks like a small lab.

Jim

That pic is about a year old, she is a purebred but kind of a runt, only weighs about 60 lbs.

Skinniest member of my family :lol:

Hud,

Nice looking dog! I'll be changing my avitar soon showing my 50 lb. chocolate pure bred lab after her elbow surgery. She's the smallest member of the family except my wife's miniature dachsund. LOL

Jim

Ol'Dawg":yuk2sya0 said:
Hud,

Nice looking dog! I'll be changing my avitar soon showing my 50 lb. chocolate pure bred lab after her elbow surgery. She's the smallest member of the family except my wife's miniature dachsund. LOL

Jim
Ah that picture breaks my heart with memories, my pooch was a free purebred, how lucky is that, 6 months after I got her she blew out her knee (didn't know dogs had 'em), had surgery that cost me $750, and wore a cast that looked alot like your'n.

What are you gonna do? She listens to me more than my kids and seems to like pipe smoke..... :)

Yo Hud! Sit down and stay for a while.The digs are decent here....

Dock

Welcome!!! Tampa....Ah, yes; Bern's Steak House!! Fond memories; the food was good also!!!!! FTRPLT (frequent visitor to MacDill AFB back in "the good old days!!).

Hud,

Sorry to invoke some bad memories. My Lab crashed in a deep tire rut on the prairies of southern Iowa while pheasant and quail hunting and ripped some tendons in her elbow. The tendons later calcified and caused arthritis. In a way it was fortunate or I would have crashed and probably fed the Iowa buzzards for a while.

Though I don't have any kids, she does pay good attention, especially with an electronic collar. Above all she is a great friend!

Jim

Hi Hud. I am your Florida Neighbour from Palm Harbor
Welcome aboard