Howdy from the Great Basin and Ranges of Nevada.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusto

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
My rural isolation has not changed much with the "VIRUS" situation, but the isolation has become more noticeable. Here's hoping this stimulating community helps ancient me forestall the threat of dementia.

Welcome to the comunity Gusto.
What is your pipe smoking history? I am not aware of any Brick and Mortor shop in the great Basin. Where are you getting supplies?

Welcome to BoB. You may find some stimulating conversation on here, however as to forestalling dementia, no guarantees. I think a few of us old codgers are already afflicted, lol.

I can still recall several Brick & Mortar tobacconists out here, sadly in the past millennium. I've accumulated my cellar online and from my garden. I have to avoid PG and prefer Virginia and Va-Per tobaccos as well as Stonehaven, Semois, Kendal Kentucky et altera.
IMG_0213.jpg

IIRC "Orinoco" is the name John Rolfe called the tobacco he grew from Spanish seed at the Jamestown Virginia colony. Lizzard Tail is a later variety of Orinoco and has been used for pipe tobacco, cigar filler and cigarettes.