Howdy from Va

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eklektos44

Reaction score
Hi, my name is John. I've been smoking a pipe since the early 80's. Hope to meet all here at one time or another. Smoking Tsuge Winter in a Petersons Irish Whiskey #5 at the moment. :D

Good to see you join us John. Hope you enjoy your time here. Looks like you've a good deal of piping experience to share!

I notice you smoke GH Happy Brown Boogie. I've wanted to try it, pretty potent from what I hear. :shock:

eklektos44":rwchnort said:
I notice you smoke GH Happy Brown Boogie. I've wanted to try it, pretty potent from what I hear. :shock:
Yeah, it is! This is the short review I did on tobacccoreviews.com:

Need a short blast of pure VA power with strong N? Smoke this. The twist cuts easily with scissors and rubs out fairly well afterwards. Pack it fairly loosely to start. A little peppery. Yes, it's strong, so try it the first time or two in your smallest pipe (I favor a little rosewood pipe). It smokes fairly cool, but if you rub it out a lot it does burn a tad on the fast side.

Both pipesandcigars.com and smokingpipes.com will sell one ounce samples (pipesandcigars' is the lesser price) if you don't want to make a big commitment

Welcome! If you are anywhere near Winchester, drop in on the monthly pipe club at JB Hayes (1st Tuesday of the month). It's a great shop and club.

Where are all you other Virginians at? I'm up in Northern Virginia. Fairfax.