How's the pipe Community please share

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
How is everything one. I hope good, I look forward to hearing about good smokeing experiences yall have had lately.  Share some b&m or local stories you might have to share. Funny or not and how they affect or have affected your smokeing style or what you smoke.  Maby someone that influenced you to  what you smoke or why you smoke. Smokeing can be very enjoyable, but it's better with friends.  That's why Bob is Bob. Please share.

Last week had a pipe buddy stop by and we shared some great blends that are no longer available. Was a great memorable time, looking forward to doing it again soon. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Penzance
Stonehaven
Granger over 35 years old, nothing like Granger that was made in the past 20 years.
The original Balkan Sobranie from the '70's

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yup, all good this side of the Pond Arky, thank you for asking.

I don't get much chance to visit a BM so try to savour the moment on the rare occasions that I'm able to. Apart from getting stuck into one of my cobs and some SJF last weekend, my smoking has been a little thin on the ground; it's really wet and damp here and I only smoke outside. Still, spring is just round the corner and I've been eyeing up a spot outside to place a bench at our new house. i'll keep you posted!

I got the bright idea back in the fall of smoking three codger blends in cobs all winter, trying to pick a fave. The three blends are Prince Albert, Carter Hall and Granger. I almost always smoke outdoors, since I'm lucky enough to have many nearby spots perfectly suited to the solitude of a good smoke. With two months of Winter left, I can report that PA remains my fave, but the other two are fine, and I would be reluctant to get too fussy about rank ordering. I find PA's slight cocoa note to my liking. CH is very easy to get along with. Granger has a nice, old-timey quality, though the cube cut bits sometimes want to jump out of my bowl. The G aroma and taste sometimes reminds me of Plumcake, though not as soft. I'd say all three blends prefer the venue of a well-cared-for MM. All of them readily deliver one-match smokes.  I can pay more for a tasty tobak, but etceycetc.  I wouldn't want people to think the old fella has wasted his time this Winter.