HP 6530b laptop

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
I have an older HP 6530b laptop I've owned for around 5 or 6 years. I bought it pretty cheap and to get used to win7. I was trying to wean myself off of a 15-year-old dell XP desktop. I loved XP and 98se before that. I just didn’t like win7 that much. I only used it for ham radio stuff. I used my iPads for everything else. So since win7 has been cut off since last January, I decided to move on up to win10. So to upgrade I purchased a 1tb SSD, 8mb of ram, a cable to backup the old 160GB HDDTto the SSD. So after the backup and installing everything, I ran defags and other things to make sure the data wasn’t corrupted.
I used the link from Microsoft for the free win10 upgrade. The laptop works great for me. It’s 10x’s faster that the win7 on the HDD. Im starting to like win 10 a little more every time I use it. it’s still hard to put the apple stuff down and use just it.

I bought an older docking station the other day to use with the laptop. That way I can have more USB ports, plug in another monitor, and use the parallel and serial ports for some older ham radio gear.

I still have my old Tandy TRS-80 with the cassette drive and external 5 1/4 floppy drive. I have read and watch videos where I can pair that with my Kenwood ts-440 and use it to log and run certain digital modes, I think. But I'm not going back to basic programming.