HU Order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmorgan

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but there appears to be frequent changes to this...
How does everyone get their HU tobacco?
Does anyone know where I can order HU tobacco and get it shipped to USA? A clean shipment?
Are there any US sites that get it ever?
I understand shipping is a good amount, but just don't want crazy customs fees and tax etc...
Thanks so much!

Ps. If anyone has any extra tins they would sell me too, please let me know! Would love to try this stuff someday.

Hey guys,
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but there appears to be frequent changes to this...
Does anyone know where I can order HU tobacco and get it shipped to USA? A clean shipment?
I understand shipping is a good amount, but just don't want crazy customs fees and tax etc...
Thanks so much!

Ps. If anyone has any extra tins they would sell me too, please let me know! Would love to try this stuff someday.
Another "dumb me" moment. What is HU tobacco?

I've often wondered if it would be financially advantageous to get a group order going. I've only had a couple (thanks to a generous BoB member), and I like Director's Cut quite a bit, though JimInks has talked about the recipe changing since then.

I've often wondered if it would be financially advantageous to get a group order going. I've only had a couple (thanks to a generous BoB member), and I like Director's Cut quite a bit, though JimInks has talked about the recipe changing since then.
I think it would! Count me in if we can get that going. Shouldn't be too hard to work out with modern technology as long as we know a site that can get it here with no problems. Would love it!

Another "dumb me" moment. What is HU tobacco?
Blends by Hans Wiedemann is Denmark. Check it out at tobaccoreviews. It's stuff that is sought after now, and will be holy grail stuff if it ever goes out of production. The time to get it is now!

Hey guys,
Thanks so much!

I believe Estervals in Germany is the only place who will send products to the USA.

Behind Hans Weidermann's back, K&K changed several HU blends: Director's Cut, Makuwa, 5th Anniversary, and Edward G. just to name the ones of which I have direct knowledge. They cut the perique content and upped the dark fired in Director's Cut. When I told Hans about the change in 2019, he contacted K&K, and in 2020, they reduced the amount of dark fired, but didn't up the perique. Edward G. has less perique, 5th Anniversary has much less topping, and they almost completely eliminated the deeply rich chocolate topping on Makuwa.

Not only that, K&K has changed quite a number of blends: a lot of the Peter Heinrichs (including completely removing the dark fired from Dark Strong), and removed most or all of the red Virginia in favor of orange Virginia in these blends: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake, Blackjack, all the Astley's blends, all the Solani blends, and all the F&T blends. They changed the burleys and toppings on Solani Aged Burley Flake and Wessex Burley Flake, and changed Wessex Sovereign Curly Cut. Peterson's 3Ps has changed, too.

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro greatly upped the dark fired and reduced the perique. Why, you may wonder is this happening? Because dark fired Kentucky costs one tenth of what perique does.

Esoterica Dunbar has had more bright and less red Virginia for two years. Obviously, red Virginia is getting harder to source and is the most expensive Viriginia varietal.