Humor, must have humor

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Something I look for on discussion boards is cleverness and humor. I'm sure we all think of ourselves as incredibly cleaver and funny (and I'll bet our wives might have a different opinion?), but I hope that we can all take everything with a grain of salt and differentiate between deeply held beliefs and sarcasm meant to be humerus. As for me, I'm seldom if ever serious, have the deeply held beliefs of a rock, and like to insult all my friends at least once a week. If I'm polite and nice to you, that probably means I don't like you.

The greatest phrase I've learned living in the South is to add "bless his heart" to the end of every insult, such as: "that is the stupidest SOB I've ever known, bless his heart". It's amazing the insults you can get away with with that tag line.

Natch

:lol: Natch, we'll get along just great then. Got to watch out for gatewheel though. He's a fragile little flower that is easily offended. Bless his heart.

Plus, he's afraid of hurting peoples' feelings, so he usually just bottles it up and makes nice. Very subtle dood, Gate is.

:face:

Natch":712zd2vn said:
As for me, I'm seldom if ever serious, have the deeply held beliefs of a rock, and like to insult all my friends at least once a week.
Natch
I've been insulted by Jeff 364 times.

Mike

Always happens... a little (s)Natch is all it takes to improve a mans whole outlook on life! If we weren't still in the middle of the Holidays, I'd re-holster my weapon, crumple the "Life Sucks" suicide letter, and actually smile at passers-by... 'cept for the fat bitch down the street whose dogs are always crappin' on my lawn (probably a subliminal message, there, huh? Fortunately, I'm not the vengeful sort, or I'd ask her husband if I could rent his elephant for a day).

God bless you, my man, this place has felt like a damned morgue since LL left, and I haven't had a pissin' match with Yak in so long, my wife won't even talk to me (further proof that every cloud has its silver lining). And, not to worry, I promise not to be offended at any insult you happen to toss in Yaks direction. :tongue:

Finally, pay no attention to these guys, they're all like brothers to me... you know, the older-brother-types who provoke you into some especially inappropriate behavior, then, while you're in the midst of the misdeed, they call Mom, Dad, and all the neighbors as witnesses, just to make sure everyone knows that you're the one who is the root of all the trouble. Great guys all, bless their hearts!

JT :gatewheel:

".... I hope that we can all take everything with a grain of salt and differentiate between deeply held beliefs and sarcasm meant to be humerus."

Speaking of which, I hope you're not pulling my leg!

:gatewheel: ,

You're pulling the wrong appendage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as usual.

gatewheel":mkx8ig2h said:
...I'd re-holster my weapon, crumple the "Life Sucks" suicide letter, and actually smile at passers-by... 'cept for the fat bitch down the street whose dogs are always crappin' on my lawn (probably a subliminal message, there, huh? Fortunately, I'm not the vengeful sort, or I'd ask her husband if I could rent his elephant for a day).
Ah, the season of brotherly love. Touching, truly touching. I'm gettin all choked up :( (Can we get a vomiting emoticon?)

gatewheel":jks9mhxg said:
".... I hope that we can all take everything with a grain of salt and differentiate between deeply held beliefs and sarcasm meant to be humerus."

Speaking of which, I hope you're not pulling my leg!
Nicely done, :cheers: :pipe:

Natch":rs0zm6gh said:
I've been insulted by Jeff 364 times.
Mike, actually I've insulted you well over 400 times, it's just that when I use multi-syllable words you tend to loose the drift of the message. Bless your heart. :mrgreen:

Natch
It's not the multi-syllable words, it's just that you type too fast for me to read. If you would slow down your typing speed, I could read what you are trying to say.

Mike

If you want humor, get Pipemaker to post a photo of him wearing his afro.

CP, I've been to his basement laboratory and seen more than one picture of him on the web. I remember the first time I saw a close up of him on another pipe board all I could think was, "I don't think I want to put anything he's toiled over into my mouth!"
But damn, they sure smoke great.

Natch

Yes, he does make some fine pipes, but not enough with 7/8 bowl chamber diameters. That is a running gag between us.

Jeff,

I realize you are new to this forum, but you are really starting off on the wrong foot by agreeing with anything CP says.

Mike

Tsk, tsk. Smoke some of your afro hairs in one of your 3/4" bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.