Hurricane Harvey

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This looks like a major event for all affect areas. I have a good friend in the greater Houston area, and while he's well inland and has escaped other major events in the past due to him being in a somewhat elevated area I'm concerned about him. I've e-mailed him and hope he will respond, but he may well be evacuating.

My T&P go out to all that are affected in this event. I see that Hermit is also in the areas of concern. Hope he can stay safe, as well as all the other brothers that will be under the force of this.

News says a storm surge of 12' and winds of 125 MPH! :shock:

Please check in here when and if you can. This could be ugly!

:eek:

No Cheers,

RR

Boy howdy, I saw on the news up to 30 inches of rain expected in some places.. YIPE!!

Best wishes for those in the path.

I will say a Prayer for all of those people in the areas that will be affected the most. Move to much higher ground if possible. Just on the news there can be as much as 35 inches of rain. Please, all of you keep in touch on here if possible and be safe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I just don't see how people want to ride out a storm like that. Especially with that much rain coming. :suspect:

I have family living in the Metroplex area and our Brothers Monbla256 and Cartaphilus are also likely to be affected. Michael and Ron I'm sure you guys will be keeping a close watch on further developements. Keep safe and if necessary head for higher ground. :pale:

AJ

This looks like no fun for Texas.  If I lived in Houston, I'da left this morning.
I'm just thrilled I got my grass cut before it starts raining for a week.   :twisted:

AJ":zjcb205f said:
I have family living in the Metroplex area and our Brothers Monbla256 and Cartaphilus are also likely to be affected. Michael and Ron I'm sure you guys will be keeping a close watch on further developements. Keep safe and if necessary head for higher ground. :pale:

AJ
It's not expected to effect us all that much up her in the metroplex as we are around 400 miles north of Corpus Christi where it's supposed to hit Saturday!! We might get some rain over the weekend but not like what they are gonna get down on the coast! :twisted:

Gosh, keep your heads down chaps and if you can let us know how things develop.

Yep, ol' Harvey is carryin' a punch!! We have family in Houston. Flooding and power outages are their largest concerns. Flooding can literally cut off downtown from the rest of the city. If I'm near/on Galveston Island, I'm on my horse headed north yesterday!! :cheers: FTRPLT

I heard from my buddy down in Houston. He's going to ride this out at home and doesn't seem overly concerned, except to say that he does expect flooding. I remember him once saying that in some other event he had flood waters that reached his front yard! That'd be enough to give me cause to get outta Dodge!

:shock:

Cheers,

RR

I worked in Houston in the early 80's, threading pipe and on an ARCO Methanol plant. I lived just out of Baytown. When the storms rolled in they were magnificent and scary. Hope all are well down there. When stuff gets rough, it's tough!

Hold onto your hats folks, this storm is stalling. Gonna get wet!

Looks like the eye is gonna hit around Aransas Pass sometime tonight then go inland and up the coast. It's gonna get real hairy in awhile. We are not going to be effected up here in North Texas :twisted:

Thankfully Hurricane Harvey has been downgraded.
All I have too add is .....AMEN... :!: :!:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Hermit ":og8sog83 said:
"Downgraded," but far from over.

Lets all Pray for no severe flooding

Hmm, yes, very fortunate indeed!

I do believe I am ready for a smoke and tea, followed by a nap. Stay safe, Son's of Adam and Daughters of Eve.......

The flooding in the Houston area of Texas is devastating, and it was forecasted as JUST a tropical storm. Ron, glad you and the family made it to higher grounds. I wish everyone that is/was affected by the flooding to be safe and my thoughts and Prayers are with you.